Jeremy Mathieu

Catalan Fan

I fortunately missed the game due to work, but when I saw the team sheet I was concerned.

I don't know how he played tonight, but him at left back is always going to be a worry.I also suspected Pique might be a bit under cooked after his ban.

Early days though, I won't write us off just yet.

EDIT; I'd of probably started with Mathieu n Macha at CB's n Adriano at LB, looking at the squad beforehand.

Last edited:

Galning

He was really poor. Just isn't a left-back and Lucho should stop playing him there because it's just disastrous. At times he had trouble controlling the simplest of passes.

Kuchi

Defensively, there is hope. Offensively, none, not so ever.

Our LB needs quick feet and good control, to receive Messi's cut through passes. It's painfully obvious Mathiew is not the guy for that. I doubt he will have starting LB again. Maybe just cover, when we need aerial/defensive support, preserving an advantage and resting Jordi.

I agree with everybody eles, Marlboro shouldn't be our back-up left back anymore.

We've nothing to lose if Grimaldo was the one to replace Alba if the latter can't play against Las Palmas.

I mean, he can't do worse than the French chain smoker.

Defensively, he'd probably do worse, as hard as that sounds.

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
Let's just get Ricardo Rodriguez or someone like that. Alba is injured a lot and we need a good back-up, he might be a good anwser.

Darmian would have been the best buy tho. Darmian and Aleix Vidal as backup fullbacks. oh well, a man can dream.

serghei

If my life depended on a Barca game in which Mathieu plays at LB, the only thing I'd be unsure about would be what coffin to choose.

Home of Barca Fans