Jeremy Mathieu

anguy

And Vermaelen went from worst deal ever to lets play him instead of Masche :p

I'm not sure, but I don't think people praising him now are the same who said his purchase was the worst deal ever. I for example always though he'd be perfect fit for our system :).

EdmondDantes

Decent and safe outing last night; not as good as Verma on the ball but like last season; more than good enough to be part of our squad. I like him :)

serghei

He was okay, Atletico looked to pressure him hard everytime he had the ball because they knew his ball control is not great -- especially in the 2nd half, but he kept it simple and didn't make mistakes, which is exactly what I expect from him (that and good aerial game).

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Fairly dominant performance from the team overall and Mathieu slotted in well for the injured Vermaelen but if there's fault to be attributed to what was a lucky opportunity on goal for Fernando Torres, it'd had to be the Frenchman for being so poorly out of position when Torres was released

Saw the pic of the team after the match too and I wonder how happy he is with his role in the squad - perhaps it's nothing or perhaps it's just his very sterile personality but he looks less comfortable than I recall

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
I like the man alot. He wants to play for the jersy, even took a pay cut to join us. I want players like that in our club that have quality and the passion to play for us

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
He was alright, and he dealt well with that one on one with Griezmann... I though he was going to get skinned, but he used his knowledge from the NT to force Antoine to use his weak foot...

serghei

Not all defenders have great ball control, so I don't have a problem with him getting rid of the ball if in extreme danger. It's better to kick it out than to pass it to an opponent or get dispossessed. His passing is above average actually if he is not under pressure. It's when the pressure is on that he has problems. Good back-up option tbh, but only at CB.

xXKonan

Not all defenders have great ball control, so I don't have a problem with him getting rid of the ball if in extreme danger. It's better to kick it out than to pass it to an opponent or get dispossessed. His passing is above average actually if he is not under pressure. It's when the pressure is on that he has problems. Good back-up option tbh, but only at CB.
I think a lot of us will agree Mathieu is good to have around for a Back up in the CB spot LB on the other hand...... I don't blame him to much when it comes to the bad games he had there he even said he said himself he struggles to play there these days.

J

Jamie Cal

Not only defensively, but his passing was really impressive. We're gonna need him to be playing well, because it's imperative Masche gets a break.

Home of Barca Fans