Jeremy Mathieu

barcanuck

he should leave

467260260-jeremy-mathieu-of-barcelona-scores-their-gettyimages.jpg

God Serena

Are you implying that he should be rewarded for the goals he scored or are you trying to suggest that his goalscoring is something that we can consistently rely on throughout the season?

His headers got us out of a few tough spots but that doesn't change the fact that as a defender he's quite a large step down from our starting lineup.

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
He is good as a CB when in form. Just because he had a bad preseason (like most of the team) doesn't mean he should be sold.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
It's funny how quickly people forget. Mathieu is actually a very decent CENTER BACK, which was proven during the first part of the last season. Furthermore, he won us 6 points vs Madrid and Celta. It is easy to bash him, sooner or later you will soon praise him again when he is in form.

Alik

It's funny how quickly people forget. Mathieu is actually a very decent CENTER BACK, which was proven during the first part of the last season. Furthermore, he won us 6 points vs Madrid and Celta. It is easy to bash him, sooner or later you will soon praise him again when he is in form.

People forget everything.

Vermaelen is the new hero despite having a grand total of one match.

Hopefully he keeps up his form into the future.

barcanuck

Are you implying that he should be rewarded for the goals he scored or are you trying to suggest that his goalscoring is something that we can consistently rely on throughout the season?

His headers got us out of a few tough spots but that doesn't change the fact that as a defender he's quite a large step down from our starting lineup.

I know for sure you're judging him by his left back performances. At CB he is quite solid. No need for him to leave because Verms had one great game.

God Serena

I know for sure you're judging him by his left back performances. At CB he is quite solid. No need for him to leave because Verms had one great game.

Never said anything about Vermaelen. When we get out of this cursed transfer ban I'd be content to see both of them replaced. Even as CB Mathieu is not a good replacement for Mascherano and he's nowhere even close to Pique. Vermaelen had a single solid game but that's not any indication that he's a good long-term sub for that position, but his prior history and his age do indicate that he's not likely going to be very reliable as the season progresses.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
People forget everything.

Vermaelen is the new hero despite having a grand total of one match.

Hopefully he keeps up his form into the future.

I agree, people forget way to easily and just jump on the next hype-train. Mathieu have easily made a place for himself as a more than decent backup for the CB spot. Ffs people, chill - we just won the treble with our current squad and it looks like Lucho have more tricks up his sleeve.

Darko

Went from "let's play him instead of Masche" to "sell sell sell" in just a few months, classic Barcaforum.

Home of Barca Fans