Daniel Carvajal

mc_lovin

Thankfully you have 30ME man Odriozola :lol:

Edit: Madrid badly need to get a decent backup for Carvajal. And they should have seen this coming.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
And they should have seen this coming.

?
Seen what coming? First season like this where he can't stay fit for 3 weeks straight. He's just another victim of the combination of Corona schedule + Madrid physio/doctor team. Shouldn't really look try to find more than that in it at this point.

I like that we're almost forced to play Odriozola and forced to try and improve him by the sole function that alternatives are out. Would benefit more from getting him comfortable in Madrid than selling him for 15 or whatever since nobody is gonna offer more for a guy who barely plays and gets benched by Fede at his own position. Can't expect miracles at this point in the season, but Zidane should have done better with him from starters.

Last edited:

mc_lovin

?
Seen what coming? First season like this where he can't stay fit for 3 weeks straight. He's just another victim of the combination of Corona schedule + Madrid physio/doctor team. Shouldn't really look try to find more than that in it at this point.

You are right, he didnt have these injury issues before. I kind of (falsely) remembered that he always had long stretches of being out. Nevermind then.

El Gato

Villarato!
It's not entirely wrong, he does get these muscular issues now and then + that weird heart problem in autumn 2-3 years ago.
He's basically got a Robben/Ribery body where he gets hurt but isn't out all the time like Bale or Hazard. It may be that he'll be a glass boy as he gets older and isn't exactly a dynamo he's been a few years back, but difficult to draw from this season where every injury crisis is ramped up to 12 in Madrid + compounded by Corona causing everyone to freak out about squad shape affecting results (which considering we now have like 60 injuries are fucking amazing).

Horatio

You're welcome
CyxUHReXcAQTcdh

scumbag

Vilarrubi

Won't make much difference. He didn't really change anything for us in the first leg.

I’m talking about having Odriozola there. At least with Carvajal you know he’ll play to a good enough standard, he’s consistent and rarely fucks up. With Odriozola anything could happen.... Vasquez still out isn’t he?

El Gato

Villarato!
I’m talking about having Odriozola there. At least with Carvajal you know he’ll play to a good enough standard, he’s consistent and rarely fucks up. With Odriozola anything could happen.... Vasquez still out isn’t he?

All liabilities to similar degree this season. Carvajal not much better and hasn't really helped in 1st leg having played without a winger ahead of him to help with wide players.

If Odriozola played higher up at RM I don't think difference would be enormous.
Vazquez pretty much out for season, at least till end May.

Odriozola more a liability cuz he has no trust of anyone around him, but if the attitude changes and people actually try to help him be better, I think he would be. His mistakes don't differ very much from Militao's when he was tossed in at random occasions without continuity.
Plus I think he'd actually be good for our attack since we got to seek a goal and he's at least had a bit of a confidence boost at Cadiz.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

carvajah was immense three years ago, especially in 16/17 he was best RW in the world but since then he declined. I dont think Real will miss him against chelsea.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Remember reading on Marca that your club opened an investigation regarding the amount of injuries you are getting and that your fitness coach Dupont is under a lot of scrutiny.

El Gato

Villarato!
Nothing will come of it. Was similar (tho not as ridiculous amid Corona) under Pintus several years back.

PS
On reddit a while ago there was a stat that Real have reported more injuries this season than scored goals. Wonder if we finish season with it being still valid

Last edited:

BarcaOG

Banned
Nothing will come of it. Was similar (tho not as ridiculous amid Corona) under Pintus several years back.

PS
On reddit a while ago there was a stat that Real have reported more injuries this season than scored goals. Wonder if we finish season with it being still valid

thats crazy...

the sport really needs to cut back on how many games players are expected to play/season...jesus

Home of Barca Fans