Rafael Márquez

FCBNOF

Momo un Bello Uomo
I feel calm when i see him in defense alongside one of the young clowns because he's always composed and keeping them in check. Like Puyol.

M.L. King

The Preacher
Yes, Rafa is reaching his top form. I love how he tackles and though he is not the fastest man on the planet, he easily compensates for it with great positioning. In my opinion, alongside Vidic we can say that he is the best defender in the world at the moment. Or at least one of the best to generalize it my previous statement a bit.

Last edited:

Zqa-

Really? He was better before his injury.. I still thinks he makes some terrible mistakes, and some very, very stupid freekicks. And at times he seems totally unfocused.

maz

I walk the line
Yes he has lost concentration since the CL final..and in fact the SuperCup game against sevilla after we wont he CL and sevilla won the UEFA was his worst ever performance. Since then he's been slowly improving and is looking much better now. However u are right he still does stupid things at times. But he also puts in good performances like the lyon game.

Zqa-

He sure does. He has been very good this season, no doubt, but I still thinks he has a level more.. If he can keep concentration for 90 minutes, he would be in top5 of best defenders in the world.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
When having his good day he is up there among the best. However, he cost us points on more than few occasions.
As a team that plays offside trap and stands high on the pitch we cannot afford to have slow central defenders. Especially not both of them

Zqa-

If he keeps costing us points, and simply seems to continue losing focus, we maybe should ship him off. But heck, I'm sick of our defense.

mmandela

Sueco estrella
I don't know what I think about him... he is great when he is good but he does so many stupid and foolish things sometimes.. I don't think there is anyone in barca who does so many mistakes... He costs us penalties, cards and freekicks...
Something must be done with our defense to next season, if it's selling him and getting a new CB, I don't know?

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I agree, he gave his best years in Barcelona already, time for someone younger.
I`d miss his passing abilities though. Rarely can you find a defender that can control the ball and read the game so well

Home of Barca Fans