Rafael Márquez

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
Announcement imminent that Marquez will join Henry on a four year deal with Red Bull in the MLS. Really hope that this goes through. Will save us a lot on wages.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
I hope we don't let him go for free, he's a world class defender only 31 years old, it would be a real foolish thing to let go of him for free when we offered him renewal only a year ago

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
I think we will get a nominal amount for him but with the money we save on wages it would be worth it. He won't be getting any playing time this year.

G.J

V.H. 4 life
I dont understand this aswell. First Titi and now him.

Looks like our bench will consist of Bojan, Pinto, and his ponytail this season.

Messi__10

I really hope that we can get some money from this... if he leaves who do we have for CB? piqué, puyol, milito and maybe Abidal right? seems good enough for this season... maybe we can get a CB or a DM from our youth, is there a player who can be up for the challenge? I would like to see another youth breaktrough :p

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
Not when we still have to sort out what to do with Henrique, Helb, Caceres, Thiago, Fontas and Dos Santos. Our squad depth is pretty strong in defence and attack, it is just in the middle of the park where we are a little vunerable.

Exactly, everone seems to be creaming themselves over him and we also have Muniesa if needed.

Messi__10

well I think that it's time to slowely bring them to the first team, and maybe thiago and dos santos... and stop doing transfers because we have a little money problems right now and already some people think that barca is like the "new madrid" (which is ridiculous) I think that the team is strong enough right now

JAMAIN

I think we should keep him and play him at DM this year. There are no new Toure's out in the market right now, why roll the dice when Rafa knows the system. Marquez would be good in front of the defence, has played there in the past and is proven. Should not let him go. May as well let him see out the contract.

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
he's a world class defender

34f0dqh.gif

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
I still think he could be useful as a backup DM, but there's definite a part of me that wants to see him come to NY, if only so I can stalk him...wait, what?

Beast

The Observer
strange decision .
If you want him out this summer why did u renew his contract a while ago ?
unless you are really planning to throw in your youth team you are seriously running out on players with experience

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
strange decision .
If you want him out this summer why did u renew his contract a while ago ?
unless you are really planning to throw in your youth team you are seriously running out on players with experience

New president.

We also had our coach hype Chyngadingadongdong as the next Beckenbauer, only to have him shipped off the next year.

Home of Barca Fans