Rafael Márquez

samg85

Say what you want about Marquez and his mistakes, but he is a legend. He filled the DM position in a crucial time when they needed someone. He's been there since 2003, the only Rijkaard signing left. Puyol, Xavi, Iniesta, Valdes, and Marquez are the base of the team that won all the championships. He played a great role in the historic 08/09 season, save the injury. Too bad that his age and injuries are catching up to him. We bid you farewell man. Animo Marquez.

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
Say what you want about Marquez and his mistakes, but he is a legend. He filled the DM position in a crucial time when they needed someone. He's been there since 2003, the only Rijkaard signing left. Puyol, Xavi, Iniesta, Valdes, and Marquez are the base of the team that won all the championships. He played a great role in the historic 08/09 season, save the injury. Too bad that his age and injuries are catching up to him. We bid you farewell man. Animo Marquez.

Henry, Abidal, Toure, and Milito were also signed under Rijkaard, weren't they?

La Furia

Legion of Doooom

Yeah, he's not the only Rijkaard signing left by any means but he's the only original Rijkaard signing to play in the Pep era; the only only non-youth product to be a part of both recent CL successes, and the only signing to serve the complete Laporta era.

TheMessiShow

Marquez was extremely proud to wear our shirt, and was even more proud when he defended it. A guy who puts so much passion into Barcelona cannot be judged, only praised by us. His performances are a different story.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
He should join Sylvinho in a couple years and become club scouts or something... These are the guys I would like to have in the club forever...

samg85

Sorry, I meant the ones that came in with Rijkaard: Bronckhorst, Ronaldinho, Marquez, Oleguer, Jorquera, and even though he came in in 04, Samuel Eto'o.

X

Xavi_Puyol_lover

this.
:worthy:

Snake

I'm glad to see some people don't forget how important he was for us, he is of course a Legend.

Sodamnsmooth

Marquez still dreams of retiring with Barca, but it may not happen. He may decide to run out his contract only because he loves the club so much.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Legend indeed. He earned the respect on and off the pitch. It was sad seeing some people using him as a scapegoat for everything while ignoring below par performances of players that earned nothing with this club. Tells you a thing or two about loyalty, doesn't it.
Marquez was a perfect Barca defender. Great vision and passing, technical, versatile and nice personality. I'd like him to stay on for another season but if the club and Rafa decide to part ways, I wish him all the best.

Home of Barca Fans