Rafael Márquez

C

CGB-85

I think he did well. I was kinda dreading mistakes he might make (which I feel bad about now), but I was pleasantly surprised.

danny10257

wow, i was so terrified of marquez starting that i screamed when i saw the lineup. i feel silly now. if he keeps this type of shape i think he will get much more playing time.(i still think our best defenders are pique and puyol, even if marquez was 110%)

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
mixed performance from Rafa. didn't spring the offside trap that led to Arsenal's first. But it was telling that he and Yaya gave the ball away so much ... they simply have not played that much. all things considered he had a great game. if he plays vs Inter I would not be as worried as I was today. Dunno if I want him starting v Madrid though.

Sodamnsmooth

mixed performance from Rafa. didn't spring the offside trap that led to Arsenal's first. But it was telling that he and Yaya gave the ball away so much ... they simply have not played that much. all things considered he had a great game. if he plays vs Inter I would not be as worried as I was today. Dunno if I want him starting v Madrid though.

I really don't think he gave away the ball that much at all. His pass led to Messi's third. He had a lot of good passes and he shut Bendtner down completely in the second half. The whole defense fell asleep on the first goal. They recovered and the entire d did what they were supposed to do yesterday.

Rafa hasn't played that much but he wasn't bad at all yesterday.
:marquez:

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
The hate is hilarious in this topic. Marquez was not our strongest performer by any means but he had a very, very good second half and yet there's still more people criticizing him than praising him?

Some of you were convinced we would lose if he started, it didn't happen.

barca96

i was really impressed..
he didn't hasn't played for weeks..
not even on last saturday..
the coaches are really doing a good job!!!

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
Rafa certainly roled back the years. Thanks you big Mexican. This was his best performance since his haircut...Samson anyone?

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
10 minutes played.

0 goals conceded.

superman-standing.gif

Home of Barca Fans