Kevin De Bruyne

Sorin

Best city player, easily at that.

Last year, if someone from city deserved to win Balon D’Or, it was him and not Haland.

Massive player!

JamDav1982

Not even sure KDB will enter the 'midfield' debates as he is very much end product compared to some of the others and only really been an AM under Pep last few years.

As for 'generation' he is only about a year and a half younger than Kroos who for all he has achieved will be in that debate before KDB would think.

Even Modric who in KDBs time as a mid has been to WC final won multiple CLs and been balondor will be ahead despite being older.

He isnt a mile better than peak Kaka was.

jamrock

I definitely didn't realize those two were so close in age.

I thought kroos was like 36 going 37, seems like he's been around forever.

Kroos is definitely better that KDB.

One would have to break in down into AM, CM, Box to box , for Kevin to climb the all time greats list.

JamDav1982

Even at AM..he isnt going to be there with Maradona.. then Zidane tier below..Iniesta maybe slightly behind. Probably more cant think of.

Messi even could be added to the AM debate.

Temptation

KDB is a better Footballer than Kroos.

Very different roles though.

Long passing is the only attribute Kroos has over KDB.

Surprisingly, even in defensive duties and physicality, KDB is well above....despite his more advanced position. Truly a beast.

jamrock

Yea but those are all goat tier players, I don't think most reasonable fans would have him up there, bar temp which is just silly talk.

Your list for all time greats is a very strick one, I can definitely vibe with it, I was being a bit more liberal with the term.

Below the zidane's and Iniesta's of the world by a fair bit, but above the kaka's.

But I'm liking the strick definition of all time great.

JamDav1982

I think he will be seen as a 'great' of the game in Europe without ever being in debate for the 'greatest'.

Not sure he is above peak Kaka. That is about level he would be on either side.

Balondor and having a CL as good as he did to win it matters.

That Kaka run to win balondor was one of the most impressive before Messi/Ronaldo came along and better than ones like of Ronaldinho had around then.

Temptation

Let's decide his default position first.

KDB's offense is his biggest strength but no number 10 defends as much as he has done in his peak under Pep.

He mostly played as an 8 in City's attacking 433 drifting towards the right flank and crossing or freely roaming all around.

I think he qualifies as an 8/attacking CM positionally rather than a classic number 10/CAM like Maradona, Kaka, Ozil, Maddison.

Home of Barca Fans