22 - İlkay Gündoğan

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Foden is a midfielder, I said nothing about where he is playing in Pep's formation - of course they are using a false 9 since they do not play with a proper striker now. This is Pep football, effectively playing with ball carrying midfielders all over the pitch

Ultimately he is being used much like how David Silva was

Not at all. David Silva was converted to one of the interiors in midfield under Pep. Foden plays higher up the pitch.

Jenks

Not at all. David Silva was converted to one of the interiors in midfield under Pep. Foden plays higher up the pitch.

Foden was developed as a #10 or an #8 by trade. Pep moved him into a wide position. I think eventually he will move inside as David Silva did.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Foden was developed as a #10 or an #8 by trade. Pep moved him into a wide position. I think eventually he will move inside as David Silva did.

Doesn't contradict what I'm saying and we'll see about him eventually playing in midfield. Can happen in 10 years due to a loss of athleticism. Don't think it will happen short term.

TheStig

FC Barcelona are among the clubs interested in İlkay G?ndoğan.
@FabrizioRomano
[��️]

He could be a short stop gap solution at DM if we needed one (we don't because we have the best one in the galaxy!).

Catta

Would be a great deal for Barca. Could help us retain the CL, great replacement for Xavi. It is the summer of 2015 right.

Andresito

Staff member
He's still haunted by that back injury. There were even rumours of him retiring. Don't think he'll move to a club where the pressure is sky high.

Messi983

Would be a great fit here then. We like retired players who can barely walk and won't play any high pressure games in following years.

Sign him!

MTL_Barca

If anything he'd probably be a De Jong replacement. Young and fresh soon to be 32 year old to play next to the unbenchable dinosaur.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If anything he'd probably be a De Jong replacement. Young and fresh soon to be 32 year old to play next to the unbenchable dinosaur.

Well Catalan media now reporting that he could indeed be our Frenkie replacement as Bernardo Silva might be too expensive or out of reach :lol:

FinBarcelonafan

Yikes. Don't trust him(injuries) and too old.

Just about right then.

Bargain bin shopping.

Also, I am bit scared how much these City players have left in the tank after their City careers, same concerns as with Liverpool players. Pep riders the players hard.

BerkeleyBernie

Class player. Behind so many of City's chances yesterday. I remember when some folks were writing him off during that period when he was recovering from a back injury at Dortmund. Great to see him playing at the top level.

Home of Barca Fans