Snooker

Total-Football

lol i have missed the tottenham vs chealsea to Watch the final , but i kept switching to Watch the result .. happy for Leicester , and i feel bad for tottenham

Total-Football

Semis of the world championship are here .. The first one has just started now and it's on Eurosport. Selby aka the boring one playing Ding ( who knocked out ronnie )

the other semi is going to be between Higgins and Hawkins.

Total-Football

Din won the first session and is leading 5-3 ( best of 33 frames )

Second semi's first session has just started .. Higgins leading 1-0

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
I hope Ding wins the whole thing now that Ronnie is out.

I'd hate to see another Selby win.

Cule Finn

Looks like Higgins is going to prove too strong for The Hawk. A final between Higgins and Selby, which looks like the most likely one right now, sounds boring to me, so hopefully Ding can come through.

Besides, it's about time for Ding to win at the Crucible.

Total-Football

If selby meets higgin the final i expect higgins to loose. The numbers of frames will invite stamina aka age to the equation. Rooney has criticized that and he too thinks the number of frames should be reduced

Cule Finn

If selby meets higgin the final i expect higgins to loose. The numbers of frames will invite stamina aka age to the equation. Rooney has criticized that and he too thinks the number of frames should be reduced

I think reducing the number of frames would be a terrible idea. Firstly, the influence of luck evens out in longer matches. Secondly, playing best of 33 or 35 creates wonderful drama as it allows for big swings in momentum. Obviously the format favors players with good stamina, but that's one of the things that makes world champs special.

Total-Football

I think reducing the number of frames would be a terrible idea. Firstly, the influence of luck evens out in longer matches. Secondly, playing best of 33 or 35 creates wonderful drama as it allows for big swings in momentum. Obviously the format favors players with good stamina, but that's one of the things that makes world champs special.

we are not talking about 4 or 5 frames .. I believe that best of 19 would be more than enough to eliminate the luck factor. In my opinion

Cule Finn

Selby-Higgins in the final. A bit of an anti-climax in my eyes but well deserved for both. Let's hope that Higgins can keep up with the Jester.

we are not talking about 4 or 5 frames .. I believe that best of 19 would be more than enough to eliminate the luck factor. In my opinion
Fair enough. You're right about the luck-factor.

Anyways, I certainly enjoy watching how these marathon-matches develop, but I can understand why somebody would like to see them shortened.

Total-Football

what's your prediction .. i see you chear for Higgins ( my favorite player ever ) . I expect Selby to win so hopefully i'm jinxing him

Cule Finn

what's your prediction .. i see you chear for Higgins ( my favorite player ever ) . I expect Selby to win so hopefully i'm jinxing him

If Higgins can bring his A-game to the final he has a chance to win for sure. But in the semis he looked shaky and was making too many mistakes. Fortunately for him Hawkins was dreadful.

Selby's level has been sky high throughout the whole tournament so he's the clear favorite in my books.

Let's hope for a highly-contested final.

Mitchell1978

Other tournaments have a lower number of frames needed to win, i say let the wc have their marathon sessions.
With O'Sullivan out i'm perfectly fine with Selby winning, who looks on top of his game at the moment.

Home of Barca Fans