Aymeric Laporte

olivis

I truly hope we do not end up with him. It is either MDL/ Kounde.

He clearly couldn't deal with Lewy's physicality yesterday,

But don't forget that Kounde was destroyed by Haaland in the CL this year also because he couldn't handle Haaland's physicality

Last edited:

Rory

Think it's quite unfair judging a player's ability on a game he plays against a top 3 striker of his generation. Conceded 1 goal, hardly a disasterclass

serghei

Get De Ligt (hugely unlikely, but he's the only proper fit) or scout the shit out of the next signing and land a less popular but quality defender. Make that scouting department show its worth and bring us a non-popular CB that has the skills needed.

Everyone can go after the obvious names. If all we are doing is going after the 0.1% of big names on the front pages of newspapers, everyone on Barcaforum could be in charge of transfers.

Kounde, De Ligt... these are names signed basically by the clubs' status & financial assets. This is why they are both unlikely: the Barca stock is low. The contribution and the input of the scouting network in charge of transfers is almost zero in these types of transfers.

I want transfers where I can praise Alemany and the other dudes who are supposed to have a great eye for players. 1 signing like that in defense would be golden for us.

So far the transfers are good economic deals and opportunity signings, good known players who were attainable within what the club affords. We need another element over that.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

True, we have to find those Rakitics now. I don't think, first of all, signing Laporte would be sustainable nor that good of a deal either.. It's the obvious signing we could make, BUT it would be bad IMO.

krakdol

True, we have to find those Rakitics now. I don't think, first of all, signing Laporte would be sustainable nor that good of a deal either.. It's the obvious signing we could make, BUT it would be bad IMO.

Laporte is bang average, he was like our 10th choice in France team, that's why he sold himself to Spain. You can sign a better CB.

Porque

Laporte is bang average, he was like our 10th choice in France team, that's why he sold himself to Spain. You can sign a better CB.

tenor.gif

Zidane82

He clearly couldn't deal with Lewy's physicality yesterday,

But don't forget that Kounde was destroyed by Haaland in the CL this year also because he couldn't handle Haaland's physicality

Probably the two best forwards in the world then ...

Zidane82

He was one of the very best CBS in the PL about 18 months ago then got injured ..Dias was bought and the rest is history

Zidane82

I would trade Roberto ( Pep wants him bizarrely) for Laporte in a heart beat

##
Joan Laporta: The market is the same and there will be only exchanges (swap deals), we have players that we cannot profit from.

Home of Barca Fans