Aymeric Laporte

L

Learo

I'd rather do that, but as I said we neither have the time nor the resources. We can't go searching into the Austrian 2nd division to find some wonder-CB that meets all our needs. We don't have a healthy enough squad to leisurely search every corner of the globe, and our transfer system is weak as it is (We're no Dortmund or Porto).

I've often advocated for finding options that won't be too costly but I don't think this is the time to adopt that attitude. We should maintain our scope for big to midtable clubs and players that have some known quality and reputation. We're too desperate to be only accepting players as good as T. Silva but you know what I mean, there's a certain profile that our situation allows for. Decent quality, decent reputation, decent potential. We can't get much pickier than that.

In Laporte, we'd be getting a long term upside as he's even with guys like Marquinhos and Varane for potential. Can't complain too much about a player that mature for this age and with that much payoff despite being in as horrid a situation as we are.

But were did the CBs currently playing for City, Chelsea, Madrid, Bayern etc come from? They came from clubs like Hamburg, Porto, Fiorentina, Sevilla, French league etc. Not the Austrian 2nd division, but not from Juve and Man U either. Thats the problem with us. We are usually not interested in a player unless he is already bought up by a rich club with scouts.

Last edited:

Stric

No need to buy 2 centre backs. Bartra has already proven that he's good enough.

We needed a centre back as it is. Now that Puyol is leaving we need another.

Pique, Bartra and the new guy(s) should be the CBs. And Mascherano back to midfield.

Alarcón

I'm still a bit skeptical. People need to consider that Bilbao don't concede nearly as many counter attacks as we do and most of the time they actually defend with 4 or more players which makes him look better. There was one instance against Villarreal where Bilbao conceded a counter attack similar to the ones we always concede and Villarreal ended up scoring because Laporte's positioning was off.

A fantastic talent nonetheless and I'm looking forward to seeing him in a Barca shirt given that he really arrives.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Alright then. Buy Laporte and promote Ie. Or we could also get Papadopoulos from Schalke. That said could we tempt Howedes from Schalke as well? It'd be nice to get a couple of Germans in the team to help MAtS settle better.

L

Learo

Alright then. Buy Laporte and promote Ie. Or we could also get Papadopoulos from Schalke. That said could we tempt Howedes from Schalke as well? It'd be nice to get a couple of Germans in the team to help MAtS settle better.

Papadopoulous!!!!!! You are insane!

hulinat

We needed a centre back as it is. Now that Puyol is leaving we need another.

Pique, Bartra and the new guy(s) should be the CBs. And Mascherano back to midfield.

2 centre backs would be too much. Pique, Bartra, Mascherano, Laporte and let's say Benatia. Pique and Benatia are playing while Bartra, Laporte and Masch are just warming the bench.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Papadopoulous!!!!!! You are insane!

papadopoulos-vs-samaras-o.gif

hulinat

Pay 40m and ask them to throw in Iturraspe. Think he is massively under rated and would be good back up to Busquets!

Athletic doesn't wanna lose any players this summer as they will be in the Champions league next season. Mascherano can play as a CDM when Busquets needs a rest.

Home of Barca Fans