It is that time of the year again...Here is my Premier league team of the season

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
A truly unbiased team I have selected based upon a couple of variants like worth to a team, importance in big matches etc you get my drift. Some walk into the team, others most will be surprised by my selections.

----------------------------------------Begovic-------------------------------------

-----Johnson-----------Williams------------------Vertonghen----------Baines----------

---------------------------------------Carrick-------------------------------------------

------------Mata----------------------Bale------------------------Cazorla-------------

------------------------Suarez------------------RVP-------------------------------------

Subs:-

Mignolet
Rafael
Jagielka
Dembele
Hazard
Michu
Benteke

So why did i chose Begovic and Mignolet as my goalkeepers? Well before their end of season slump, in the first 5 months Stoke had one of the best defensive records in the league and Begovic was a big part of that. He has won them many points this season and has been steady throughout - unlike every other single keeper in the league he has not gone through a bad patch of form this season. Mignolet just pips De Gead because he is more important for Sunderland than De Gea is for Man U and he has also won Sunderland many points.

At right back it was my easiest decision. Both Johnson and Rafael have been the outstanding right backs in the league this season. Whilst both have has bad patches of form, they consistently produce great performances. Johnson for me has been slightly better - but the difference is paper thin. The left back position is also among the the easiest. Baines has been brilliant all season.

Central defenders have been a tough choice however Williams leadership has been important to Swansea and he has been very consistent and Vertonghen has been a revelation all season too. I picked Jagielka because I think he has been very important at the back for Everton. I am happy with leaving the likes of Rio, Luiz, Cahill, Evans, Kompany, Natasic out of the squad.

Midfield really picks itself. Mata has been great all season. Bale has been great since Christmas and Cazorla has been Arsenal's main man this year and in his first season has played really well and I think he just deserves his place. Carrick has gone about his business really effectively this season for man u and deserves to start in my team. I have Hazard and Dembele on the bench. Hazard has been exciting all season long but has not shown great consistency so the bench for him. Dembele has been a great buy for Spurs and has been brilliant this season. Definitely worth a place in my squad.

Suarez and RVP pick themselves. I picked Michu and Benteke for my bench. Michu has been a revelation for Swansea and deserves his place in the squad. Benteke is the only reason Villa aren't doomed already thusly that reason alone means his importance grants him his position in my squad.

So what would be your team?

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
-----------------------De Gea----------------------
---Rafael----Shawcross----Vertonghen----Baines----
-----------------Carrick----Fellaini------------------
---------Mata----------------------------Bale------
--------------------Suarez---RVP------------------

Subs:
GK: Begovic
RB: Johnson
CB: Williams
CB: Nastasic
LB: Cole
CDM: Lampard
CDM: Wilshere
RM: Michu
LM: Hazard
ST: Lukaku
ST: Benteke

Andrew M

AnfieldEd, your team would get smashed. No balance at all. This is meant to be realistic, potentially winning, teams, right, not fantasy? Carrick by himself in midfield will get slaughtered! Either get Dembele in there for Cazorla or call up Fellaini

Semi-Neutral's team looks better

ShandyFFM

--------------------Begovic--------------------
--------Johnson--vidic--verthongen--baines---
----------------yaya------dembele-------------
-----------mata----hazard----bale-------------
--------------michu------suarez---------------

Sorry but not place for rooney and rvp... as suarez was the best striker and michu was the biggest surprise of the season

Manu on the bench because they failed against madrid especially rvp :-D

Rooney, evra, rafael, rvp, carrick all deserved to be in but imo those i piced up were individually better..manu had some nice team efford

Last edited:

AttackingFlair

United are a considerable 15 points clear at the top so I think a couple more should be considered at least for the bench. De Gea has been in fine form in goal, should at least be on the bench if he isn't in the line up. Rooney has 12 goals and 9 assists in 21 premier league games which is a goal/assist per game on average and a big reason why United continued to make a gap at the top despite RVP's form going down. I'm not saying he should be a starter in the team of the season but he should be on the bench.

Seems like the other United players have been recognised though so fair play on that.

BigBarcaBoy

What has Begovic done exactly, he's gone under the radar but he really isn't that good and seems to have a brilliant agent which links him to so many teams

Home of Barca Fans