7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

Givenchy

Ok , we sell Coutinho and want to buy new LW or ST.World class who can put great perfoamnce from the first moment.

Griezmman lets say is not option.Who would you buy?
I can bet there will be a lot of Willian rumors whole summer.
Except him who is our option?

Sane

its possible also as hes fed up being benched at City. also said this when he was at Schalke

"Some time in the future I want to play abroad and at an even bigger club than Schalke. Most of all at Barca – even as a little boy, that was my dream club."

jairzinho

Imagine if we sell Coutinho and buy Jovic.
And then we would play Dembele-Suarez-Messi as starters.

Dembele will play good for 3 Months, he will be injured for 3 Months, rusty after injury for 3 Months and totally out of form for another 3 Months.
That is his classical season.

So, during 9 Months when Dembele will be injured or out of form, our only winger will be Malcom who is probably a squad level.

So, with selling Cou and not buying a new winger, we are relying only on Dembele, who is the most unpredictable player whom we had in the last 20 years.

I would sell Cou only for Griezmann or some true winger. Not Felix in this moment, for example.

With selling Cou, our team would be severly weakened.

Cou can be replaced with a true winger yes but not Griezmann in my opinion.

His preference is to play in the space just off the striker and in the #10 zone.

His movement and area he likes to play in is just like Messi, Dybala, Reus, Hazard aswell etc.

I don't see him as a true winger to use his pace to run in behind defenders.

True wingers for me are Mane, Salah, Sterling, Sane, Dembele and these types of lateral players.

This is a good example of how he like to play.

AL-MALKI

Saw the game again 1st half was good the 2nd not bad
the only thing he missed up in the 2nd half is one pass
and the supporters started targeting him
most of the time he showed some crisp passing
he should ignore the fans and carry on with his game

Sorin

I don't give a fuck about Messi's message to the fans. Good for him, he's become an even better leader over the last years but the fans should absolutely hold Coutinho accountable for his utterly average, at best, performances. You can't fucking go on about doing nothing on the field week after week and then be applauded or whatever he thinks he deserves. This is not a charity club where mediocre performance for almost a year now should be met with unconditional cheers and support. I mean, the guy is always an addition by subtraction whenever Valverde yanks him out of any given match, regardless of what player subs him out.

Which brings me to another point. Why oh why does Valverde still insist with him in the first 11 and subject him to this kind of abuse? I get that Dembele is not much better, but he has other options ffs. Fuck, at this point a return to a classic flat 4 4 2 with 4 CM is way better than having Coutinho stinking up the place. He doesn't offer goals, he doesn't create space by widening the pitch, he doesn't give assists, he's a big fat zero so what's the fucking point. At least with 4 cm you get better on the defensive side of things as clearly evidenced against Liverpool.

He can play all the remaining games in La Liga but he absolutely shouldn't see any more minutes in CL. Not against Liverpool and not in the CL final, hopefully.

vuji_31

Sane

its possible also as hes fed up being benched at City. also said this when he was at Schalke

"Some time in the future I want to play abroad and at an even bigger club than Schalke. Most of all at Barca – even as a little boy, that was my dream club."

That would be dream signing.
Hope so it is possible.

It would bypass 120 million for sure.Even 150.
It is madness how expensive he would be.

clemente

I don't give a fuck about Messi's message to the fans. Good for him, he's become an even better leader over the last years but the fans should absolutely hold Coutinho accountable for his utterly average, at best, performances. You can't fucking go on about doing nothing on the field week after week and then be applauded or whatever he thinks he deserves. This is not a charity club where mediocre performance for almost a year now should be met with unconditional cheers and support. I mean, the guy is always an addition by subtraction whenever Valverde yanks him out of any given match, regardless of what player subs him out.

Which brings me to another point. Why oh why does Valverde still insist with him in the first 11 and subject him to this kind of abuse? I get that Dembele is not much better, but he has other options ffs. Fuck, at this point a return to a classic flat 4 4 2 with 4 CM is way better than having Coutinho stinking up the place. He doesn't offer goals, he doesn't create space by widening the pitch, he doesn't give assists, he's a big fat zero so what's the fucking point. At least with 4 cm you get better on the defensive side of things as clearly evidenced against Liverpool.

He can play all the remaining games in La Liga but he absolutely shouldn't see any more minutes in CL. Not against Liverpool and not in the CL final, hopefully.

YIKERS
Coutinho 100% was at least top 3 player last season at some point.
Dembele is nowhere near his levels of first touch, passing, tight spaces, which are the qualities to keep possession, this is why he will always start.
The explanation is simply that Valverde is trying to keep as much possession for 90min as possible, so we concede as little as possible, and then at 90+min sub in Dembele.
You can cry all you want but with Coutinho we would have 100% not conceded 3 goals against Roma, only Arthur can offer the control like he can.

Arizona Scott

YIKERS
Dembele is nowhere near his levels of first touch, passing, tight spaces, which are the qualities to keep possession, this is why he will always start.
The explanation is simply that Valverde is trying to keep as much possession for 90min as possible, so we concede as little as possible, and then at 90+min sub in Dembele.
You can cry all you want but with Coutinho we would have 100% not conceded 3 goals against Roma, only Arthur can offer the control like he can.

Agreed. Sorin's post has the dignity of a plastic Real fan. Coutinho has been combining well with Suarez and Messi for months now for those with a critical eye, and has been more effective than Dembele since his last injury. Fans seem to be booing the price and not the performance of the player, he is playing nothing like he did in the 1st part of the year and has been a contributor the majority of his season and a half here. The minority booing whistling fans should be shamed out of the stadium and shamed out of wearing Barca shirts they can go wear white and be fair weather fan.

Givenchy

That would be dream signing.
Hope so it is possible.

It would bypass 120 million for sure.Even 150.
It is madness how expensive he would be.

it wouldn't cost 120-150mil imo, probably 90mil at most. ofc hes a PL player and still has huge potential but his situation at City is strange

City are rumoured to be signing that Felix guy from Benfica and with Aguero most likely staying at City, Pep might go for a front 3 of Sterling Aguero Felix.

underoath

Banned

And the Barca board and Valverde. They don't give a fuck about your opinion, they know better than anyone here acting as a keyboard managers :lol:

Sorin

YIKERS

Last season he was good. Did I say otherwise? But this season he has been largely ineffective from the beginning. Simply unacceptable.

So I take it you missed the part where I acknowledged that Dembele has been just as bad and I wasn't suggesting him as a solution at this point?

How can a guy lose so many balls every match offer control? Every one of our midfielders offer more control that Coutinho ever did, what are you on about only Arthur being capable of doing what Coutinho does?

Agreed. Sorin's post has the dignity of a plastic Real fan. Coutinho has been combining well with Suarez and Messi for months now for those with a critical eye, and has been more effective than Dembele since his last injury. Fans seem to be booing the price and not the performance of the player, he is playing nothing like he did in the 1st part of the year and has been a contributor the majority of his season and a half here. The minority booing whistling fans should be shamed out of the stadium and shamed out of wearing Barca shirts they can go wear white and be fair weather fan.

Some of those booing Coutinho are Barcelona fans since before you were even born buddy and paid money for memberships for every year since. A.k.a. they have supported the club with their hard earned money and can do as they please when they see mediocrity.

I'm not surprised at the drivel you spout, after all you are the guy that said that Coutinho scored a "huge goal" against United. That's how much you know about football. "Critical eye" :lol:

Last edited:

Sorin

And the Barca board and Valverde. They don't give a fuck about your opinion, they know better than anyone here acting as a keyboard managers :lol:

He'll probably be sold at the first chance we get. But of course you'll discard your support for Coutinho as soon as he steps into the airport, also kissing the ass of the manager and the board in the meantime. Must be nice being "right" all the time.

underoath

Banned
He'll probably be sold at the first chance we get. But of course you'll discard your support for Coutinho as soon as he steps into the airport, also kissing the ass of the manager and the board in the meantime. Must be nice being "right" all the time.

I don't support Coutinho, I support the team every players in it. I hate how players play and manager tactics, i will continue to support it. My options will not change anything anyway

Arizona Scott

Some of those booing Coutinho are Barcelona fans since before you were even born buddy and paid money for memberships for every year since. A.k.a. they have supported the club with their hard earned money and can do as they please when they see mediocrity.

I'm not surprised at the drivel you spout, after all you are the guy that said that Coutinho scored a "huge goal" against United. That's how much you know about football. "Critical eye" :lol:

The vast majority fans support Coutinho and all Barca wearing players who put in a shift. Yes those that don't, paying or not, are being sucky fans, and Messi called them out in a much more polite way--which you responded as "I don't give a "f*ck about Messi's message". What were you on about, "drivel"? I don't need to be diplomatic to plastics more appropriate to white wearing entitled pricks, rather than claiming to be part of "more than a club". If Coutinho goal wasn't a big goal you could not tell from the look on Messi and Suarez's face. But I guess the Barca players faces, words and expression don't matter compared to a few minority in the stands who boo their team's players because they could do so much better if they were handed some boots and a knockoff Barca shirt.

Home of Barca Fans