Real Sociedad

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
The master at work. :coffee:

1416333358_extras_noticia_foton_7_1.jpg

S7_MUFC

Real Sociedad manager David Moyes says he is nervous going into his opening game at Deportivo La Coruna...:lol: and people still say we made a mistake sacking him because he needed time....

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Moyes would probably have been better at United were the squad he inherited were not way past it. Don't think he'd have been a world beater, though. I really hope he succeeds at Sociedad, he's not as bad a manager as his United stint made him look. He was shit there, no doubt, but he's better than that.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
I agree on the last part, but I don't buy the claim that SAF's last squad was way past it. They had just won the league by 11 points two months before Moyes was hired. Maybe it was because only SAF could get them to perform, but I'm willing to bet that any other top manager would've finished at least in the top 4. United often played primitive and looked clueless under Moyes - you can't only blame the players for that, even though they had their fair share of it.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
It's a bit of everything really. Fergie could get the best out of them, the lack of being able to motivate themselves to play well for a guy like Moyes when you've been managed by Fergie for so long, Moyes having way too many brainfarts, some guys needing to go. Plus, their transfers were shit too, Fellaini was crap. Nothing went right in pretty much any way last season.

Lol if Moyes causes any of the top sides to drop points. Probably not, he was never that great for Everton against the top sides in England.

Home of Barca Fans