Punters corner

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Anyone betting on the UCL winner this season ? Barça is at 4x ... I'm by no means an expert at this, but last season I bet on the final score ( 3-1 ) and won $100x13; it was nice, this year I'm thinking about a slightly less risky bet but higher amount.

I was trying to figure out a way to balance the risk, and this is what I came up with :

FvHy4mw.jpg

Basically, bet :
- $2500 on Bayern at 3.5
- $6000 on Barça at 4
- $1500 on Madrid at 6

So that if :
- Barça wins, which is what I'm hoping for obviously, I make $14000 profit
- If barça doesn't win, and it's one of Bayern or Madrid, I only loose +-$1000
- If it's neither of the 3 favourites then yeah, tough luck :/

Makes sense ? Any taughts from regular gamblers are appreciated, may be there's a better way..

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I bet but with smaller stakes and never did long term bets.

Well done on that 3-1. I can only imagine the feeling when Neymar scored in stoppage time :)
[MENTION=6099]JamDav1982[/MENTION] bets more seriosly so I'm sure he'll comment.

GL

Vlom

Well done on that 3-1. I can only imagine the feeling when Neymar scored in stoppage time :)

Oh Yes! It was an amazing evening indeed :)

[MENTION=6099]JamDav1982[/MENTION] bets more seriosly so I'm sure he'll comment.

GL

Haha I was just searching for the thread again to edit it and @ mention Jamdav, I know he talked about betting big & safe on the chat.

Cheers!

footyfan

Calma, calma
Anyone betting on the UCL winner this season ? Barça is at 4x ... I'm by no means an expert at this, but last season I bet on the final score ( 3-1 ) and won $100x13; it was nice, this year I'm thinking about a slightly less risky bet but higher amount.

I was trying to figure out a way to balance the risk, and this is what I came up with :

FvHy4mw.jpg

Basically, bet :
- $2500 on Bayern at 3.5
- $6000 on Barça at 4
- $1500 on Madrid at 6

So that if :
- Barça wins, which is what I'm hoping for obviously, I make $14000 profit
- If barça doesn't win, and it's one of Bayern or Madrid, I only loose +-$1000
- If it's neither of the 3 favourites then yeah, tough luck :/

Makes sense ? Any taughts from regular gamblers are appreciated, may be there's a better way..

How did you come up with this split?

I don't bet, but if you are confident that Barca, Bayern or RM will win, you can hedge your bets to ensure you make a profit.

If you want to bet $10K in total:

- $4.067K on Bayern
- $3.559K on Barca
- $2.372K on RM

That split assumes that the probability of the team winning is given by the bet (i.e Bayern has 1/3.5 chance of winning CL, Barca has 1/4 chance and RM has 1/6 chance).

Your total winnings will be $14.237K (i.e profit of $4.237K) regardless of whether Bayern, Barca or RM wins the title. However, if some other team wins, you lose all $10K you bet.

The profit% is 42.37%, I honestly don't know if that is a good profit in betting because I've never bet. Maybe Jamdav can tell you about that. With your original split, the profit% when Barca wins is 140% but you make a loss on Bayern or RM winning. So yeah, it depends on how safe you want to be with the bet.

footyfan

Calma, calma
Yeah, not at all. I guess I should take up betting on Bayern's games then, starting with like 100 bucks. Might even beat my index funds. :lol:

Any legit and good places to place bets on Bayern games?

Just put your money in S&P500 ETFs and forget about it.

Vlom

Hey [MENTION=11986]footyfan[/MENTION] , appreciate your input mate, makes a lot of sense and a lot safer than what I taught about, but 42% for that amount isn't really worth it, I'm in a mental spot where I'm very confident Barça will win it, I just want to add a layer of security to cut my losses in case it's not, as I said I don't bet too much either, it'd only be my 2nd bet, I don't want to make money off of Bayern or Madrid (erk), just looking to add an extra cherry on top of the cake that would be Barça winning the UCL again :)

And yes we've mentionned [MENTION=6099]JamDav1982[/MENTION] several times already, but it doesn't seem like he wants to share his secrets hehe (just jk jam).

JamDav1982

Fairplay. What did you back?

Was just a five fold.

Barca -2.5 v Sociedad
Aberdeen to beat Ross County
Stranraer -1.5 v Buckie Thistle (Scottish Cup)
Falkirk -2.5 v Fraserburgh (Scottish Cup)
Crystal Palace to beat Newcastle

Bookies often price the Scottish Cup games wrong.
Could put up a screen shot of it but no idea how to!

JamDav1982

Gee thanx for sharing those Cup matches info :lol:

Congratz

Haha sorry never thought.

Almost had a horrendous way to lose the bet as well. One of my mates hit a 40yd screamer in last min that keeper just tipped over bar that would have lost the bet!

Home of Barca Fans