Punters corner

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I think the socks aren't an issue they can always wear the away socks. Or Brazil can change to white shirts and socks (they did that before).

Catalan Fan

I've had a couple of bets on the semi finalists.Did Brazil, Argentina, Germany and Holland at 16/1 and Brazil, Argentina, France, Holland at 22/1.Just makes it a bit more interesting, especially with England going out in the group stage !

Also did an all Europe final at 4/1.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Is there a place where people can bet on the champions of Buli every season? Serious question.

Probably on every betting site, paying 1.01€ for every 1€ you bet.

Might be interesting if you have 10M€ lying around and wanna play it safe.

nnao

Is there a place where people can bet on the champions of Buli every season? Serious question.

You wouldn't get a very good return if you bet on Bayern, though. Even then, Bayern wont win every season. Bayern aren't set for the next 10 seasons as some people think.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
You wouldn't get a very good return if you bet on Bayern, though. Even then, Bayern wont win every season. Bayern aren't set for the next 10 seasons as some people think.

Because the betting companies all pretty much agree that Bayern will win the title too therefore the return is very low? Low risk low return?

Maybe not the next 10 seasons, but the next 3 to 4 for sure. If you find Robbery's replacement and they fit in seamlessly, 5 to 6 seasons and longer, in my opinion.

nnao

Because the betting companies all pretty much agree that Bayern will win the title too therefore the return is very low? Low risk low return?

Maybe not the next 10 seasons, but the next 3 to 4 for sure. If you find Robbery's replacement and they fit in seamlessly, 5 to 6 seasons and longer, in my opinion.

Yeah, that's it. When you make a bet, you're just playing the odds, which is directly related to the payout. For example, skybet has Barca's odds of winning La Liga right now at 1.33, which means that they've calculated the odds for Barcelona at being about 75% (1/1.33). As the probability gets higher, the lesser the payout.

When the odds are very high, it's still never 100% sure and probably not worth it. You might make a few cents if you win, but if you lose, you lose all that you wagered.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Yeah, that's it. When you make a bet, you're just playing the odds, which is directly related to the payout. For example, skybet has Barca's odds of winning La Liga right now at 1.33, which means that they've calculated the odds for Barcelona at being about 75% (1/1.33). As the probability gets higher, the lesser the payout.

When the odds are very high, it's still never 100% sure and probably not worth it. You might make a few cents if you win, but if you lose, you lose all that you wagered.

How about betting on individual games? Like betting on Bayern winning every single Buli game? Is the payout any higher?

nnao

How about betting on individual games? Like betting on Bayern winning every single Buli game? Is the payout any higher?

Yeah, betting for Bayern against one of the small teams is like 1.15-1.33 maybe (Hertha this weekend was 1.15). Would be higher for the teams in the running for the European spots though, obviously. Now that they've won the league it's a bit different though, since they're expected to rest players (2.60 odds for Bayern to win vs Leverkusen ahead of Barca).

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Yeah, betting for Bayern against one of the small teams is like 1.15-1.33 maybe (Hertha this weekend was 1.15). Would be higher for the teams in the running for the European spots though, obviously. Now that they've won the league it's a bit different though, since they're expected to rest players (2.60 odds for Bayern to win vs Leverkusen ahead of Barca).

What does 1.15, 2.60 etc. mean? So if I bet one dollar on Bayern defeating Hertha, I would have gotten $1.15 back or sonething? And if they defeat Lerverkusen I would get $2.60 back for my one dollar placed in the bet?

nnao

What does 1.15, 2.60 etc. mean? So if I bet one dollar on Bayern defeating Hertha, I would have gotten $1.15 back or sonething? And if they defeat Lerverkusen I would get $2.60 back for my one dollar placed in the bet?
No, for every dollar, it already includes the dollar you wagered. So, if it were 1.15 you would profit 15 cents per dollar and if Bayern beat Leverkusen you would profit $1.60 per dollar that you bet. Basically if you wagered $1, you get $2.60 back, including the dollar you wagered.

Home of Barca Fans