Marquinhos

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Marquinhos

Date of birth: 14.05.1994
Position: Defender

AS-Roma-defender-Marquinhos-R-_54362743195_54115221155_600_244.jpg

Marquinhos is Brazilian defender who currently plays for AS Roma.
It is rumored that Barca scouts were watching him recently.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Can't really judge whether he's a good defender or no because Roma's playstyle is so gung ho, borderline madness.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Can't really judge whether he's a good defender or no because Roma's playstyle is so gung ho, borderline madness.

Well since he's extremely young and the talent and potential is there, we can mold him into our ideal CB. Although we would have to loan him out for a few years most likely.

Maybe we can offload Bartra and get this guy. We gotta focus on Puyol's immediate replacement right now though. Someone more proven, like Hummels.

Bartra is here to stay.

Bartra is good, but the less talented of the two youngsters, from what I've heard. If we're gonna sign a young talent, I was thinking that we might as well offload one to get him. Besides, I'm not sure how good of an idea it is to have 3 young CBs. Will we be able to give enough playing time to all of them?

I see your point about Mascherano though.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I don't see the point of the whole "proven" CB thing because we do have enough proven CB's for the next few years. Puyol is still gonna play regularly for at least 2-3 years and Pique is already our main defender. Masch can and should fill in during the less important games to rest an aging Puyol but he should never play against tough teams. Marquinho's is a great option because he can slowly integrate into our squad and become more and more regular as Puyol gets older. His potential is insanely high and Barcelona is the perfect club to nurture that and make him a world class player in the future.

psychotsek

The only problem i see is that Puyol, as much as i like him, can't be considered as a regular due to injuries for the next 2-3 years.Neither is Masch cause although he had a great season last year he is still a liability.
Imo our defence next year should be Puyol,Pique,Bartra plus a new 25-28 aged CB to play as a starter and maybe another promising player like Marquinos or Umtiti.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I think Bartra should play more this season so he can gain experience to be a regular next season rather than Masch. If we do get Marquinhos he can be loaned back out to Roma or slowly integrated for the next few years before he becomes a starter alongside Pique. Bartra can play regularly but I'd say he's more for rotation like Masch than a fixed starting role.

I think Bartra should play more this season so he can gain experience to be a regular next season rather than Masch. If we do get Marquinhos he can be loaned back out to Roma or slowly integrated for the next few years before he becomes a starter alongside Pique. Bartra can play regularly but I'd say he's more for rotation like Masch than a fixed starting role.

Hmm... maybe we can get this guy, and then loan him out immediately to get him experience. In the meantime, we can use Bartra and maybe Muniesa to rest Puyol, like we're doing with Masch right now. By the time Puyol's too old, this guy could be a world-class CB (from what I've been hearing, and the way everyone here is talking about him, he has a shitload of potential), and Puyol's true, long-term replacement. Doesn't sound too bad to me, actually.

Last edited:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
This may be really petty but Varane's performance today made me jealous of Real and made me realize how much having a young and phenomenal CB could help our squad. Marquinhos could do that for us and I hope Barcelona show some serious interest sooner or later (hopefully the summer transfer window)

This may be really petty but Varane's performance today made me jealous of Real and made me realize how much having a young and phenomenal CB could help our squad. Marquinhos could do that for us and I hope Barcelona show some serious interest sooner or later (hopefully the summer transfer window)

Doesn't Muniesa fit that bill? But yes, this guy could be a great addition to the team. We should still go for a more proven CB first though.
If we do sign him, let's hope he doesn't end up like our last couple of signings from Serie A :p

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans