Eric Abidal

Porque

Security footage of Abidal after tendering resignation has been leaked by TyC.

PersonalAdvancedFiddlercrab-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:

Laplacian

I know Bartomeu is obviously the main problem, but I sure am glad this fucker is out the door. Great player, horrible sporting director. He was never qualified for the job. And his French fetish was getting out of control. We'd never turn to Van De Beek if he was still here. I'd much rather see us having a Dutch fetish then.

The Dutch NT is by far inferior to the French team lol.

Secondly, Abidal had little to no influence in major transfers and the majority of transfers in general. Seriously the architect behind the majority of transfers since 2014 is Bartomeu lol, I honestly don't understand why people are scapegoating Abidal. Barto wants almost complete control in transfers, any sporting director he'd hire will always be just an honorary title rather than an actual position with real power.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...usive-quitting-barcelona-courting-pochettino/

The words of Joan Laporta, now back as Barcelona president, rang around the head of Abidal on that car journey in August last year. It had been Laporta who responded by saying ?we will see if they will let you work? when Abidal told him he had accepted an offer to be director of football from Bartomeu back in 2018 and that exchange proved to be prophetic.

Abidal is definitely not without blame, but I do remember him very publicly saying that Barca don't need Griezmann before he took the job.

Won't be surprised if he returns in some capacity in the future. He's doing the right things and can only learn from his mistakes.

Andresito

Staff member
Have to say it again. Griezmann was wanted by maybe 1% of Barca fans. Everyone saw at his age, with the players we had and his preferred position being occupied/non existing, he'd be worth nowhere near that fee.

It was a Barto signing through and through. To show that Barca indeed could sign an expensive player who had rejected him the year before.

Motherfucking incompetency and egoistic thinking. Making me so angry just thinking about it.

Home of Barca Fans