Mauro Icardi

Chainsaw

Killahead
It's still very very soon to judge what will become of Icardi as a player. If he's about to join Inter, and with the current mess that the club is through right now, his career could be in jeopardy as well. To avoid that Moratti first need to sack Mr. Bean and hire a coach that actually knows what he's doing. Or Icardi is gonna end up like many other players who join Inter and end up either on the bench or their talent get wasted because the knucklehead on the bench donno how to get a proper use of the players at his disposal.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Do you have hope he'll be able to adapt as he gets older or do you think he was overhyped then?

As for Icardi - he had a bit of a goalscoring drought too, but reappeared at the right moment :p

Yeah he has a good attitude, i'm sure he'll work on his game, also the amount of defensive work helping out his fullback is outstanding, he doesn't just go to make the numbers up he's very good at it. Sure he was overhyped, who isn't these days. I don't think he will ever be special but he can be great.

XaviMessiGirl

BMBGbteCIAEhUTo.jpg

At Malpensa airport - medical with Inter today. Finally with him & Kovacic a couple of exciting Inter signings.

XaviMessiGirl

186117-480.jpg

A pure goal scorer: from Barcelona’s youth academy to Sampdoria, his goals speak for him. Many teams were after Mauro, but he chose Inter

MILAN - "I’m happy to have arrived here. I hope to do my best for the team and the fans. I can’t wait to start the new season." These were the first words that Mauro Icardi wanted to give exclusively to inter.it immediately after the official announcement of his acquisition was made by Inter.

Born in Rosario, Argentina on 12 February 1993 (he has an Italian passport thanks to his father’s ancestry from Piemonte), Icardi began playing at the age of 5 and in 2002 was signed by Spanish side Unión Deportiva Vecindario where he remained until 2008, scoring 384 goals during his time there.

He then grabbed the attention of Barcelona and with the Catalan club the striker picked up right where he left off: in two seasons with the Blaugrana he bagged nearly 40 goals before being transferred to Sampdoria in 2011. In the city of Genoa his Italian experience began: he was top scorer of the 2011/12 Primavera season, and in May 2012 made ​​his Serie B debut, scoring the vital goal that took Sampdoria to the promotion play-offs. Once back in the top flight, Sampdoria continued to grow thanks to the exploits of the young Icardi who scored 11 goals in 33 league matches (including a brace against Juventus and a stellar 4-goal performance against Pescara in 2013).

A champion among champions, Mauro is today ready to grow with Inter, which was certainly not the only team seeking his services, but the only one to secure them.

(from inter.it)

186119-480.jpg

Mr Hulot

186117-480.jpg

A pure goal scorer: from Barcelona’s youth academy to Sampdoria, his goals speak for him. Many teams were after Mauro, but he chose Inter

MILAN - "I’m happy to have arrived here. I hope to do my best for the team and the fans. I can’t wait to start the new season." These were the first words that Mauro Icardi wanted to give exclusively to inter.it immediately after the official announcement of his acquisition was made by Inter.

Born in Rosario, Argentina on 12 February 1993 (he has an Italian passport thanks to his father’s ancestry from Piemonte), Icardi began playing at the age of 5 and in 2002 was signed by Spanish side Unión Deportiva Vecindario where he remained until 2008, scoring 384 goals during his time there.

He then grabbed the attention of Barcelona and with the Catalan club the striker picked up right where he left off: in two seasons with the Blaugrana he bagged nearly 40 goals before being transferred to Sampdoria in 2011. In the city of Genoa his Italian experience began: he was top scorer of the 2011/12 Primavera season, and in May 2012 made ​​his Serie B debut, scoring the vital goal that took Sampdoria to the promotion play-offs. Once back in the top flight, Sampdoria continued to grow thanks to the exploits of the young Icardi who scored 11 goals in 33 league matches (including a brace against Juventus and a stellar 4-goal performance against Pescara in 2013).

A champion among champions, Mauro is today ready to grow with Inter, which was certainly not the only team seeking his services, but the only one to secure them.

(from inter.it)

186119-480.jpg

When someone who scores 11 goals in 33 games is called a pure goalscorer, it really puts into perspective what Cristiano and Messi are doing right now. Anyway, I hope the best for him!

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
He had long goal droughts but put in some spectacular performances, hopefully he fills the holes in his consistency as he ages and matures with experience.

zanela

Has amassed huge popularity within the argie circles. Personally not convinced, not until I know he can combine with WC talent, and has the temperament to do it on the biggest stage. At this moment he has def. made his case for a NT call-up, given Benitez has made pipita in to an injury-prone blunt potato.

Still can't get myself to like D*cardi.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
The scourge of Juve. Anyone who gives Juve nightmares has my utmost support as a player. Go Icardi!!

Home of Barca Fans