Mauro Icardi

Newcomer

So far, what a signing. Exactly what we needed. And either him or his wife aren't talking much (in the media) so they can't even stir any shit.

He has been hardworking on the pitch, lethal in front of goal and had very reliable touches and passes despite the very few balls he gets in a match. His typical game is like : around 20 balls received, 1 or 2 goals and all his passes are clean and good.

It is not at all a ball playing striker though, so he will never be as good as a prime Suarez, Firmino, even Ibrahimovic. He has the "old 9" profile but he is not useless if he receives a ball out of the box either. It does help that around him he has some very good technician such as Di Maria who is on fire with all his assists, Mbappé who has another profile, Verratti and Neymar when he will get back from injury.

Sailor Mars

So far, what a signing. Exactly what we needed. And either him or his wife aren't talking much (in the media) so they can't even stir any shit.

Maybe his wife and him are playing it quiet till PSG activate the buy option and give him a big fat contract. No way Wanda will be able to stay out of the spotlight for this long.

Newcomer

Maybe his wife and him are playing it quiet till PSG activate the buy option and give him a big fat contract. No way Wanda will be able to stay out of the spotlight for this long.

Maybe ! We will have to wait and see.

However, i think in the case of loan with option to buy the future contract is already negociated. I can see some problem with her, though, since she is still working on TV show in Italy and their children are still there as well. How will they handle things at the end of the loan ? Will they all move in Paris ? Will she keep working on her show ? Will they keep living like now as a "not so long distance" family ?

I don't think she will talk shit till her husband is doing well. There is no reason to do so. However, if he becomes a full time substitute (unlikely but let's imagine the possibility), she could become unbearable. Nevertheless, he had been a "coup" in this summer market with Cavani declining physically very abruptly the last few years (from never injured to almost as injured as Neymar lmao).

Newcomer

might just get you in the QF after 4 years. :lol:

might just get you in the QF after 4 years. :lol:

You laugh but recently Ter Stegen talked about a potential mental weakness in Barça team which is the reason why they fail inexplicably hard in CL in the last few years. The same seems to apply to PSG. They often play a comfortable first game and then seem full of fear in the second leg. Good thing for Barça is that they had a better GK and ofc Messi to bail them out. PSG had shit GK like Buffon who helped MU instead of PSG and their Messi-lite aka Neymar was injured.
Still, it is not a reason to accept this unacceptable defeat though.

Imo, PSG has a good group of players this year to go farther in the competition. However, CL is not only about potential of players. It is also about the form of the moment as it is not a league format. It is about luck (in game and in the draw). It is about refereeing. You can have all the best players in the world and get fucked by a wild Lukaku or a wild Origi.
Now, i don't make any prediction for that competition. I just wait game after game. PSG is without a doubt a good team and would do good in a league format. PSG is often doing very well whatever the group they are put in but the players must fear the burden of the elimination in the KO phase so much that they create the condition for the opponent comeback. PSG is definitely able to beat anyone but they can lose to anyone too. There are other teams which are tighter and don't allow such comebacks.

About Icardi, he is definitely a good goalscorer whatever the opponent. I don't feel PSG problem is there though. The problem is in the midfield and the defence. PSG allows too many goals for so few real opportunities. The games we kept a clean sheet were actually the game were we didn't allow the opponent a shot in target (MU or Liverpool only shot on target being a penalty). This year, we have the same type of records with no goal conceded yet and only 1 shot on target by the opponents in 3 games. But i fully know that in KO phases the opponent will score like 3 goals in 3 shots.

Newcomer

Inter misses him so much. :lol:

You won't see a single Inter fan dismissing his quality.
They are happy though to get rid of a toxic element with his wife. They are fairly satisfied to see he is doing well because they need the funds to build their new project with Conte and they would rather sell him for good money for a team outside of Italy. Especially when they were news Juventus was waiting to get him on the cheap.

Sometimes, i wonder if you guys actually watch the game before shitting on/laughing/praising players.

Saying everyone has forgotten Verratti, but who in the game can do that nowadays ?
[tw]1188861757269381120[/tw]

About Icardi, it is nothing really impressive but he is just doing good stuff with the few balls he gets in the game. So much that with only around 20 balls in the game, you think like he had more presence.

[tw]1188786886699077632[/tw]
[tw]1188789860083089409[/tw]
[tw]1188792333002776577[/tw]
[tw]1185858782573813760[/tw]

Last edited:

Messigician

You won't see a single Inter fan dismissing his quality.
They are happy though to get rid of a toxic element with his wife. They are fairly satisfied to see he is doing well because they need the funds to build their new project with Conte and they would rather sell him for good money for a team outside of Italy. Especially when they were news Juventus was waiting to get him on the cheap.

Sometimes, i wonder if you guys actually watch the game before shitting on/laughing/praising players.

Saying everyone has forgotten Verratti, but who in the game can do that nowadays ?
[tw]1188861757269381120[/tw]

About Icardi, it is nothing really impressive but he is just doing good stuff with the few balls he gets in the game. So much that with only around 20 balls in the game, you think like he had more presence.

[tw]1188786886699077632[/tw]
[tw]1188789860083089409[/tw]
[tw]1188792333002776577[/tw]
[tw]1185858782573813760[/tw]

Barcaman was being sarcastic hence the emoji lmao.

Newcomer

Barcaman was being sarcastic hence the emoji lmao.

I kept my option open with the Verratti joke gif.

Anyways, it is always interesting for the thread to have actual footage of what a player offers. I didn't post his goals cuz it is what is expected from him as a poacher. I was a lot more surprised by his back against the goal play. Something you couldn't have with Cavani. Simple things but it helps the team when you don't have much options with your midfielders and provides a lot of verticality for a quick transition into attack.

soul24rage

I kept my option open with the Verratti joke gif.

Anyways, it is always interesting for the thread to have actual footage of what a player offers. I didn't post his goals cuz it is what is expected from him as a poacher. I was a lot more surprised by his back against the goal play. Something you couldn't have with Cavani. Simple things but it helps the team when you don't have much options with your midfielders and provides a lot of verticality for a quick transition into attack.

Yeah back at Inter, he was criticized for not doing much with the ball except poaching. But there were signs that he was improving in this aspect. Glad to see that he's getting better at it in PSG. The Arg NT should really consider him if he keeps up with this form (although I doubt it's going to happen)

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Imagine letting El Matador Edinson Cavani leave for this poor man's Luca Toni.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Cavani misses a lot of chances, but his movement and work rate is top, top class.

Home of Barca Fans