User Tag List

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast
Results 241 to 255 of 265

Thread: Mauro Icardi

  1. #241
    Senior Member
    Lutece FC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Paris
    Posts
    1,497
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His beginings are just incredible.

    Very serious player.

  2. #242
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    2,418
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So far, what a signing. Exactly what we needed. And either him or his wife aren't talking much (in the media) so they can't even stir any shit.

    He has been hardworking on the pitch, lethal in front of goal and had very reliable touches and passes despite the very few balls he gets in a match. His typical game is like : around 20 balls received, 1 or 2 goals and all his passes are clean and good.

    It is not at all a ball playing striker though, so he will never be as good as a prime Suarez, Firmino, even Ibrahimovic. He has the "old 9" profile but he is not useless if he receives a ball out of the box either. It does help that around him he has some very good technician such as Di Maria who is on fire with all his assists, Mbappé who has another profile, Verratti and Neymar when he will get back from injury.

  3. #243
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    909
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Newcomer View Post
    So far, what a signing. Exactly what we needed. And either him or his wife aren't talking much (in the media) so they can't even stir any shit.
    Maybe his wife and him are playing it quiet till PSG activate the buy option and give him a big fat contract. No way Wanda will be able to stay out of the spotlight for this long.

  4. #244
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    2,418
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sailor Mars View Post
    Maybe his wife and him are playing it quiet till PSG activate the buy option and give him a big fat contract. No way Wanda will be able to stay out of the spotlight for this long.
    Maybe ! We will have to wait and see.

    However, i think in the case of loan with option to buy the future contract is already negociated. I can see some problem with her, though, since she is still working on TV show in Italy and their children are still there as well. How will they handle things at the end of the loan ? Will they all move in Paris ? Will she keep working on her show ? Will they keep living like now as a "not so long distance" family ?

    I don't think she will talk shit till her husband is doing well. There is no reason to do so. However, if he becomes a full time substitute (unlikely but let's imagine the possibility), she could become unbearable. Nevertheless, he had been a "coup" in this summer market with Cavani declining physically very abruptly the last few years (from never injured to almost as injured as Neymar lmao).

  5. #245
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Forum D'Amigos Tactical Unit - BBZ Containment Office
    Posts
    8,552
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutece FC View Post
    His beginings are just incredible.

    Very serious player.
    might just get you in the QF after 4 years.

  6. #246
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    2,418
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingLeo10 View Post
    might just get you in the QF after 4 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by KingLeo10 View Post
    might just get you in the QF after 4 years.
    You laugh but recently Ter Stegen talked about a potential mental weakness in Barça team which is the reason why they fail inexplicably hard in CL in the last few years. The same seems to apply to PSG. They often play a comfortable first game and then seem full of fear in the second leg. Good thing for Barça is that they had a better GK and ofc Messi to bail them out. PSG had shit GK like Buffon who helped MU instead of PSG and their Messi-lite aka Neymar was injured.
    Still, it is not a reason to accept this unacceptable defeat though.

    Imo, PSG has a good group of players this year to go farther in the competition. However, CL is not only about potential of players. It is also about the form of the moment as it is not a league format. It is about luck (in game and in the draw). It is about refereeing. You can have all the best players in the world and get fucked by a wild Lukaku or a wild Origi.
    Now, i don't make any prediction for that competition. I just wait game after game. PSG is without a doubt a good team and would do good in a league format. PSG is often doing very well whatever the group they are put in but the players must fear the burden of the elimination in the KO phase so much that they create the condition for the opponent comeback. PSG is definitely able to beat anyone but they can lose to anyone too. There are other teams which are tighter and don't allow such comebacks.

    About Icardi, he is definitely a good goalscorer whatever the opponent. I don't feel PSG problem is there though. The problem is in the midfield and the defence. PSG allows too many goals for so few real opportunities. The games we kept a clean sheet were actually the game were we didn't allow the opponent a shot in target (MU or Liverpool only shot on target being a penalty). This year, we have the same type of records with no goal conceded yet and only 1 shot on target by the opponents in 3 games. But i fully know that in KO phases the opponent will score like 3 goals in 3 shots.

  7. #247
    Barcaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Posts
    31,800
    Blog Entries
    5
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Country: United States
    Inter misses him so much.

  8. #248
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    2,418
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Barcaman View Post
    Inter misses him so much.
    You won't see a single Inter fan dismissing his quality.
    They are happy though to get rid of a toxic element with his wife. They are fairly satisfied to see he is doing well because they need the funds to build their new project with Conte and they would rather sell him for good money for a team outside of Italy. Especially when they were news Juventus was waiting to get him on the cheap.

    Sometimes, i wonder if you guys actually watch the game before shitting on/laughing/praising players.

    Saying everyone has forgotten Verratti, but who in the game can do that nowadays ?



    About Icardi, it is nothing really impressive but he is just doing good stuff with the few balls he gets in the game. So much that with only around 20 balls in the game, you think like he had more presence.




    Last edited by Newcomer; 1st November 2019 at 05:38 AM.

  9. #249
    Valverde Cultist
    Messigician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    8,354
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Newcomer View Post
    You won't see a single Inter fan dismissing his quality.
    They are happy though to get rid of a toxic element with his wife. They are fairly satisfied to see he is doing well because they need the funds to build their new project with Conte and they would rather sell him for good money for a team outside of Italy. Especially when they were news Juventus was waiting to get him on the cheap.

    Sometimes, i wonder if you guys actually watch the game before shitting on/laughing/praising players.

    Saying everyone has forgotten Verratti, but who in the game can do that nowadays ?



    About Icardi, it is nothing really impressive but he is just doing good stuff with the few balls he gets in the game. So much that with only around 20 balls in the game, you think like he had more presence.




    Barcaman was being sarcastic hence the emoji lmao.

  10. #250
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    2,418
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Messigician View Post
    Barcaman was being sarcastic hence the emoji lmao.
    I kept my option open with the Verratti joke gif.

    Anyways, it is always interesting for the thread to have actual footage of what a player offers. I didn't post his goals cuz it is what is expected from him as a poacher. I was a lot more surprised by his back against the goal play. Something you couldn't have with Cavani. Simple things but it helps the team when you don't have much options with your midfielders and provides a lot of verticality for a quick transition into attack.

  11. #251
    Senior Member
    soul24rage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    4,874
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Newcomer View Post
    I kept my option open with the Verratti joke gif.

    Anyways, it is always interesting for the thread to have actual footage of what a player offers. I didn't post his goals cuz it is what is expected from him as a poacher. I was a lot more surprised by his back against the goal play. Something you couldn't have with Cavani. Simple things but it helps the team when you don't have much options with your midfielders and provides a lot of verticality for a quick transition into attack.
    Yeah back at Inter, he was criticized for not doing much with the ball except poaching. But there were signs that he was improving in this aspect. Glad to see that he's getting better at it in PSG. The Arg NT should really consider him if he keeps up with this form (although I doubt it's going to happen)

  12. #252
    President of FC Barcelona
    DonAK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    33,656
    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imagine letting El Matador Edinson Cavani leave for this poor man's Luca Toni.


  13. #253
    Senior Member
    Fati_Future_BallonDor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    X
    Posts
    8,189
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Country: Portugal
    Quote Originally Posted by DonAK View Post
    Imagine letting El Matador Edinson Cavani leave for this poor man's Luca Toni.


    I was never a fan of icardi.

  14. #254
    Senior Member
    Richard.H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    California, United States
    Posts
    7,153
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    poor man's
    Se Queda

  15. #255
    President of FC Barcelona
    DonAK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    33,656
    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cavani misses a lot of chances, but his movement and work rate is top, top class.


Tags for this Thread