Ronaldinho 05/06 or Messi 08/09

• Ronaldinho 05/06

Votes: 58 47.9%
  • Messi 08/09

Votes: 63 52.1%

• Total voters

Quash

Ricky Martin clone
Different types of players, different magic, same stunning football. I agree with the CL thing - if we win it this year. i'll say Messi, because of the style in which we won it.

Warik

I think people would be very surprised about Messi's passing ability tbh. He has improved ALOT he just doesn't need to make the killer passes as often.

R10(FCB)

Crazy
Ronaldinho...he was my favorite player, he 'll always be... tbh. if you ask me when i become Barca's fan i 'll tell you when i saw Ronnie in Barca's shirt... Messi is great player, maybe he is better than Ronnie, maybe he is more useful than Ronnie, but Ronaldinho is God of football for me and that is the way it is.

Quash

Ricky Martin clone
Messi is a great passer of the ball,but I think he's better at quick, short ones, he likes to play fast one-twos rather than long through balls. This pass was unbelievable :
1zflb81.gif

Dinho was always class at chipping the ball or volleyed passes

IraqiCulé

Really tough to say. Let's not forget Messi scored a hatrick in el Clasico at age 19. Saying this boy is special is an understatement. He saved our ASSES that day when Eto'o & Ronnie were clearly not at their best:

[youtube]EHJOmrqeSyA[/youtube]

His third goal is without a doubt my favorite Messi goal of all time (brilliant ball from Ronnie by the way).

maz

I walk the line
Messi is a great passer of the ball,but I think he's better at quick, short ones, he likes to play fast one-twos rather than long through balls.
Its because messi is much more direct than ronaldinho was. He think about the goal and how to get the ball there as quick as possible. And that entertained people. Its a means to an end. Whereas for ronaldinho it was about entertaining the crowd..and while doing that helping the team to win.

Quash

Ricky Martin clone
That's a good way of putting it as well. Personally though, I'm more mesmerized by Messi, his runs and even the simple touches and passes, it's the speed he does it that does it for me because i've never seen anyone do that before. He entertains without trying to.

R10(FCB)

Crazy
This two players are great.. Dinho was the best player in the world 2 times in a row, Messi will be...i think this is only question which player you like more, personality, way of play, style...

maz

I walk the line
Its true. Is beautiful football a means to an end (argentinian), or an end in itself (brasil).

Quash

Ricky Martin clone
Beautiful football is the balance between the two :wink:
I'm about the only Brasilian I know that doesn't have a serious footballing gripe with the Argies, in fact I cheer them on when they don't play Brasil.

Quash

Ricky Martin clone
I think this is an interesting debate though,kind of new to me. So who do you guys think encapsulates the Argie style? Messi and Maradona go without saying.

EDIT: Oops, double post :$

F

FCB_Titi_LB

indeed...Ronaldinho is Brazilian style at its best. Messi Argentinian style at its best.
We are actually comparing styles instead of players

Home of Barca Fans