Samuel Umtiti

raskolnikov

Modern day Bogarde but worse since he is hiding behind that Sob story of loving Barca and wanting to succeed at Barca.
Renew at lower wages then if you care so much?

soul24rage

No contribution at all for the club in the past 3 years and earning that amount of money when the club is not doing well at all financially.

He gets no sympathy to me.

khaled_a_d

He said in an interview he consulted 3-4 different doctors about his knee(after WC), but they said there's a good chance he would never play football again, so he never took the surgery.

My question is, is he really playing football now? and on what level?

Is he ever going to be happy playing "this" level football? I doubt it.

I personally think it's worth the risk. He will never play at the top again if he doesn't take the surgery.

The risk is beyond football tbh, long term knee health is at risk too. I don't blame him at all and it isn't like we have seen our players having to undergo several knee surgeries due to club recommendation that went south.

How does it work? Would he have the same clauses, if he was loaned out? If he plays a certain amount of games etc.

If a player is loaned out, does the loyalty payments disappear or change?

No ideal about the loan, but as for loyalty bonus it is to counter sign-in bonus.
Sign-in bonus happens when a player transfer, right? so this is basically an incentive to stay and collect a bonus for it.
If Umtiti has one, it explains a lot.

Messi983

Benfica wants him on loan in January to replace Lucas Verissimo who is out for the season but Umtiti prefers to stay and get a fresh start under Xavi.

Porque

Benfica wants him on loan in January to replace Lucas Verissimo who is out for the season but Umtiti prefers to stay and get a fresh start under Xavi.

judge-dredd.gif

AffectionateFragrantEelelephant-size_restricted.gif

behindbrowneyes

Idiot. He always wanted a team that is playing CL. Now he can join one and he still doesn't leave. Barca won't play CL next February/March. This guy enjoys his comfort zone and big paycheck way too much. He'll never leave before his contract ends, not even on a loan.

It will take Xavi a few training sessions and a game at max to figure out that Umtiti is done physically. It's a pity, because Umtiti at his best would be by far our best defender.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Idiot. He always wanted a team that is playing CL. Now he can join one and he still doesn't leave. Barca won't play CL next February/March. This guy enjoys his comfort zone and big paycheck way too much. He'll never leave before his contract ends, not even on a loan.

It will take Xavi a few training sessions and a game at max to figure out that Umtiti is done physically. It's a pity, because Umtiti at his best would be by far our best defender.

Barca are ahead of Benfica and have a game at home against them. Even a draw will be enough. Benfica will likely play in EL.

Home of Barca Fans