Samuel Umtiti

Andresito

Staff member
Zenit apparently interested him and would pay 8m.

Most of that money will go into convincing Umtiti to agree to leave. He knows his career is over, he won't ever reach French NT again. Might as well stay in sunny Barcelona raking in the cash.
If I was Umtiti I'd never agree to that transfer.

So 7m of those 8m will probably go into Samuel's pockets.

Messi983

Most of that money will go into convincing Umtiti to agree to leave. He knows his career is over, he won't ever reach French NT again. Might as well stay in sunny Barcelona raking in the cash.
If I was Umtiti I'd never agree to that transfer.

So 7m of those 8m will probably go into Samuel's pockets.

I'd take that if it would mean he's gone permanently. He was a cheap signing and has been here for 5 years so his value on the books is pretty low (by my understanding is around 6m but could be wrong) and we wouldn't lose much even if he leaves for a low or no fee. Offloading his wages is much more important than trying to get any fee for him.

Black players have experienced racism too often in Russia, I suspect this would be a tough sell

Yeah, don't see him going there for that reason as well.

Total-Football

If if were up to me all those need to leave (in that order based on performance Age role wages)

Umtiti (done player)
Firpo ( terrible player and beyond)
Coutinho dembele (aka dumb and dumber)
Braithwaite (nice fella but it ends at that)

Second batch is a bit debatable
Pique (age.. But also will always be a starter and would impede the potential of younger cbs)
Pjanic (never had any expectations of him)
Trincao (loan.. Not good enough so far
)
Over the course of the season I changed my mind about:
buskets and griezman. They might not be starter material but at least they hold some value

Home of Barca Fans