Rugby

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Forgot to recheck this thread after posting.

Obviously I'm a Wallabies supporter, but I have much respect for New Zealand, South Africa and Argentina, moreso the latter than the other 2, but that comes down to me generally loving Argentina, hehe. Not a huge fan of European teams, though I fancy Wales, they play some very nice Rugby, admittedly!

PearLBLacK

Banned
Watched that Mandela (Freeman) movie a while back and started looking more into it, never knew Rugby was that interesting before. I always thought of it as a cheap imitation of American Football, but it's kinda interesting in its own right. Beats Cricket at least.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
LOL it's way more interesting than American Football, which has to be one of the most shitty, overrated and mind numbing sports ever created. A bunch of bulky women in plastic armour, bleh. I mean, they don't even have to touch the ball on the ground to score, what kinda crap is that? They'd rather allow the scorer prance and dance around like an absolute muppet after getting over the line rather than having somebody potentially stop them from scoring by not allowing them to touch the ball down. Ridiculous.

American Football first played in 1869, Rugby Union first played in 1845. Enough said! :D

American football evolved from early forms of rugby (particularly rugby union) and association football (soccer), with the first game played on November 6, 1869.
At least we know which is the cheap imitation. :D Oh no Rugby is too rough, lets put on armour. LOL!!

Last edited:

frog-fcb

gees ireland really fekd up that 6 nations, they really need to find the ability to see out games all narrow losses. the injury list didnt really help the cause either by the end of the tournament we had 17 players out injured. on the plus side its good to finally see the emergange of some youth players coming through to finally replace the old guard paddy jackson an luke marshall were rather impressive

hellsangel1

Played this sport as a young kid but lost interest over the years. I just find it such a dumb sport now. Much prefer American football, there's a lot more variety and strategy involved.

hellsangel1

At least we know which is the cheap imitation. :D Oh no Rugby is too rough, lets put on armour. LOL!!

As someone who has played both sports, there's no question American Football is much more dangerous with risk of developing serious long-term problems including degenerative brain injury (and there's a large number of former players trying to sue the NFL currently ). The impacts and collision in American football are far greater, I already know of many parents who refuse to let their children play football due to risk of serious neck and head injuries. Your comment about 'rugby is too rough, let's put on armour' really reveals your ignorance about the sport and the dynamics involved.

Last edited:

Kerrybai

Played this sport as a young kid but lost interest over the years. I just find it such a dumb sport now. Much prefer American football, there's a lot more variety and strategy involved.
I enjoy both sports but prefer rugby. American Football tends to be one big commercial for me. Anywho Ireland are on the look out for a new manager, kidney couldn't take the team any further although I feel he had an unlucky 6 nations with all the injuries we suffered. Heineken cup also returns this weekend, I'm hoping for a Munster miracle.

Kerrybai

Munster were great today. Surely Paul o Connell has made a case to make the Lions squad. The trip to clerking will probably be a step too far but you can never write off Munster. Toulon are looking very strong too.

Lowry

file65939296_ernst_joubert_dan_roan_danroan_twitter.jpg

Ernst Joubert looking as happy as ever.

Kerrybai

33rd European try for Brian O'Driscoll, Leinster will be in this years Amlin Challenge cup final.

Could O'Driscoll be the lions captain?

Kerrybai

Munster were heroic but couldn't pull it off. Seriously unlucky that they had to face Clermont in France, in Ireland I think they would have won. They are a team building for the future though.

Home of Barca Fans