David Villa

messi2140

6racies Xavi
“I was just cutting tape, getting tape ready for the Monday morning training, because there wasn’t a lot to do,” Badillo said. “I was standing there and my back was to David. He got up and walked up behind me and put his hands on my hips and sort of pressed me into the counter I was standing at and whispered, into my ear, that I should ‘be careful of men in the city.’ And then he just left … I looked at Kevin and Kevin was looking at me. He’d seen the entire thing.”

So you are telling me the guy was borderline grinding her infront of someone and there are no receipts or conversations between her and this Kevin or someone else .

Looking at her accusation a few months ago she said this : “rarely went a day” without Villa “grabbing me or verbally harassing me,”. And again there are no receipts of her talking about it with someone or. I'm not saying it there isn't a chance that it didn't happen , but I don't see why I should believe this when there are no receipts or evidence of these occurrences happening on the daily (according to her).

As per usual FCB " I eat my vegan burger while watching CNN" is already out here with his pitchfork.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
She's complaining Villa has been too touchy-feely (mostly alludes to incidents like Villa coming round with an arm around her waist) and the bosses weren't taking her complaints seriously, instead just having a bit of a laugh about the whole thing making memes like this one

Whats-App-Image-2020-11-17-at-20-43-42.jpg

Also alleges she's been groped at work by older men on other random occasions and reports fell on deaf ears.

Notably she's Puerto Rican and supposedly understands cultural differences in attitudes to contact, kissing on the cheek etc

---

TBH it seems like a bad case of Villa being a bit too forward with a wrong kind of girl

Last edited:

Katarina1

Banned
“I was just cutting tape, getting tape ready for the Monday morning training, because there wasn’t a lot to do,” Badillo said. “I was standing there and my back was to David. He got up and walked up behind me and put his hands on my hips and sort of pressed me into the counter I was standing at and whispered, into my ear, that I should ‘be careful of men in the city.’ And then he just left … I looked at Kevin and Kevin was looking at me. He’d seen the entire thing.”

So you are telling me the guy was borderline grinding here infront of someone and there are no receipts or conversations between her and this Kevin or someone else . Looking at her accusation a few months ago she said this “rarely went a day” without Villa “grabbing me or verbally harassing me,”. And again there are no receipts of her talking about it with someone or similiar. I'm not saying it there isn't a chance that it didn't happen , but I don't see why I should believe this when there are no receipts or evidence of these occurences happening on the daily (according to her).

As per usual FCB " I eat my vegan butger while watching CNN" sees the a truth without a single shred of evidence.

The investigation from NYCFC corroborated the allegations, but @Messi2140 on a soccer forum says there isn't a shred of evidence

messi2140

6racies Xavi
The investigation from NYCFC corroborated the allegations, but @Messi2140 on a soccer forum says there isn't a shred of evidence

I stand corrected when it comes to lack of evidence , seems the full Athletic article has a few like conversations with NYCFC players and a screenshot of one of the Villa incidents (according to people who have full access to the Athletic)

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
^
The Villa incident is the photo I uploaded. Here's context (according to her):

Late in the 2018 season, it was common knowledge within that club that Villa would be leaving for Japan at the end of the season to finish his career overseas. It was a much-needed glimmer of hope for Badillo. In early October, she found herself seated on a countertop in the training center when Villa entered.

“David came up to me and sat next to me,” says Badillo, “but so close that our thighs were touching. And so I, being so close, thought ‘how do I minimize this without making this a thing.’ I scooted over a couple of inches, and then he scooted over so our legs were almost touching. At that point I gave up and was like ‘I’m just going to give up, i’ll just let it go.’ He was just watching videos on his phone, asking me if I liked dancing.”

Eventually, one of the other interns approached and touched Villa’s arm to get his attention. Villa responded “don’t touch me,” shooing the intern away.

“And I was like ‘hey, how bout we don’t touch me either, then?’” says Badillo. “And then he turned to me and told me that he’d never touched me.”

Badillo retreated to a storage closet to compose herself. Moments later, she received a text message from another staff member, a photo of her and Villa seated on the countertop just moments earlier with a drawing of a heart superimposed around the two.

Badillo showed her supervisor, Melvyn Pamplona, the image. Pamplona, as Badillo remembers it, burst out laughing. Later, as the two sat and ate lunch together, Pamplona told Badillo to get her phone back out, insisting that she show others at the table the image. By the time it made it back to Christen, the head trainer, it was accompanied by a caption: “new office romance.”

After the incident on the training table and Badillo’s visible discomfort with it, Kevin Christen asked to speak with Badillo when she arrived at work two days later. They met privately in Christen’s office with no HR representative present.

“(Our meeting) basically went to the tune of ‘hey, all this terrible stuff has happened and there’s not really a lot we can do about it, so how bout you don’t sit on the side of the counter where you usually do,’” Badillo says. “Kevin wanted me to stay over by him, so that maybe David would come find me less, and I also wasn’t supposed to treat David anymore — I really liked that idea.”

(...)

Kevin Christen left the club in early 2020, months before Badillo went public with her accusations against Villa. But Melvyn Pamplona still works at NYCFC. In its statement, the club said that it had “taken corrective action with respect to the one employee that remains” with the organization. The club declined to name the employee or elaborate specifically on what action was taken. They also declined to elaborate on what measures, specifically, were taken (if any) in regards to Pamplona.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans