Zlatan Ibrahimovic

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
The big man has had a great season so far. The only thing I ask myself is, wtf is he doing in the French league???

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
It gives him "chicken skin". Bless. :lol:

The best part was when he called "doll" a mannequin, hahaha... I know for non english speakers that word may be unknown (I don't even know if I spelt it right) but I don't know, I just find it funny how he said: "the clothes on the... doll", hahaha!

Trillske

The chicken part is weird in Swedish as well, and in the translation between Swedish and English, and pretty much all over.
The actual translation for goose bumps is "gåshud" (goose skin), but some people insist on calling it "tuppskin" (cock skin :rolleyes: ). Now if you dont really care about the distinction between a cock and a chicken, you end up with "chicken skin".

There is a lot of this stuff going on in Swedish. The most notable error is probably when people want to comment on generalisation. The notion that you are not allways supposed to draw everyone with one comb makes somewhat sense because it does ilustrate the point, and the act of combing isnt lethal. However, the word "comb" and the word "boarder" are very similar in Swedish ('kam' and 'kant' respectively), so a lot of people got it wrong and like to proclaim that you shoudnt draw everyone over the same boarder. To make this worse, a general interpretation of this is that boarder implies the edge of a cliff. So what they are really saying is that you shoudnt throw everyone over the same edge of the cliff.

Its perfectly fine to throw people over the edge of a cliff, as long as its not the same edge; that whould just be rude. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Der Kaiser

I think swedish people have the best english skills in europe, followed by the dutch. (excluding native speakers obviously) I was told it has to do with movies, because they dont get dubbed in some countries, so you have to learn english if you want to understand them. Is that true?

And its "goose skin" (gänsehaut) in german too. ;)

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
Dutch and Swedish people speak far better English then most British people, trust me on this one.

Galning

I think swedish people have the best english skills in europe, followed by the dutch. (excluding native speakers obviously) I was told it has to do with movies, because they dont get dubbed in some countries, so you have to learn english if you want to understand them. Is that true?

And its "goose skin" (gänsehaut) in german too. ;)

It's true. Movies never get dubbed in The Netherlands & Flanders. Even German movies, just to give an example, are showed in German with Dutch subtitles. There's always subtitles though.

Theconomist

If he continues like this he will be a serious contender for the ballon d'or next year. He absolutely dominated the game today, this is what could have been had Messi stayed on the right. Not saying it would have been better than what we have now just saying this is a possible alternative we could have been playing with. The big man has 12 goals and 5 assists so far. If he continues like this he'll have 40 goals by the end of the season and 20 assists or so, but forget the stats it's the sheer dominance he plays with. I haven't seen a player dominate games this way since Zidan in his prime. Messi can destroy a team in the blink of an eye but he doesn't absolutely annihlate their defence like Ibra does. What a player.
King Zlatan !

Home of Barca Fans