Zlatan Ibrahimovic

IbraFTW

Bazinga!

My favorite part:

"As it fell into my trap, I executed a move that instantly ruined every Olympic gymnasts' opinion of themselves and blasted the ball towards the goal, at an angle, 30 meters away, with a Zlatcycle kick so powerful that it forced your hair to fall out several years before I even did it."

:D

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
My favorite part:

"As it fell into my trap, I executed a move that instantly ruined every Olympic gymnasts' opinion of themselves and blasted the ball towards the goal, at an angle, 30 meters away, with a Zlatcycle kick so powerful that it forced your hair to fall out several years before I even did it."

:D

Whoever writes those things is a genius, what makes it even more hilarious is that Zlatan would actually say all that :lol:

barcanuck

im glad theres atleast one person that doesnt forget how it really was. Messi was so much better even on the fall season. You can make alot of goals even without beeing good.
Barcelona played their tikitaka through the opponents then passed it to Ibra who basicly only had the goalkeeper to beat with tapins.

How many times didnt Messi dribble past 3+4 players but when he got near the goalarea, theres was some huge Swedish player standing there like a statue blocking his way? During the whole season we basicly played with 10 men on the field becouse Ibra locked our play so much, it only got better when Ibra was benched and Bojan came on. Pedro had a much better season as a newcomer. People tend to forget very quickly

This is it, Zlatan was a decent player for us just not great like we expected. He can score insane highlight reel goals but can't score from 5 yards out for us. He was constantly offside or fouling players in the attack which slowed our flow. As soon as Bojan and Pedro were playing up front things got alot easier for the flow of attack which is a big reason we won the title. Zlatan to his credit did win us his first classico with a volley strike. No hard feelings Zlatan you are the man on any team you go to except ours.

IbraFTW

Bazinga!
Wenger about Ibra:

"I believe we are all amazed," he told the club's official website.

"Sometimes, when a guy has a shot from 30 yards and puts it in the top corner, you say ‘it’s a fantastic goal’ - but somehow you believe you can do that as well, even if you cannot do it on a consistent level.

"But when he scores a goal like that, you think it’s impossible for a normal athlete. You have to be an exceptional athlete to do that.

"They say he’s a master in kung fu. You could see that on Wednesday night. You need some special flexibility, subtleness and physical strength to do that, apart from the fact that you have to realise what you have to do."

Wenger also applauded Ibrahimovic's vision to notice the potential to score when England goalkeeper Joe Hart advanced off his line to clear.

He commented: "When Hart headed the ball, he took a distance to eventually get the ball. There’s intelligence included as well.

"I’m an admirer of collective goals, but as an individual achievement, just you and the ball in the situation of the game, it is something exceptional."

Wenger also recalled his interest in the player when he was a 16-year-old with Malmo, and explained: ”He came here to visit the training ground. He didn’t want to make a trial because he was 16 years old at the time.

"He went home and we concluded to watch him again. I wanted to see him in training but it didn’t stop him from making a great career. In the end, he chose to go to Ajax Amsterdam. That happens. He’s not the only one in that case."

The 31-year-old has a reputation as a very confident character, and Wenger commented that he has justified his self-belief throughout his career.

He concluded: "The confidence he shows – if a performance isn’t there, you can say you don’t agree with it, but when a performance is there, you think his confidence is justified.

"Through his career, he has justified why he believes in his own talent."

J

jiopi

Meh, aesthetically impressive, but effectively it's goal scored from goalie mistake to an empty net.

PearLBLacK

Banned
Hart coming out or not, it was an impossible goal. The fact that such a goal is scored in such manner with the first try, in the pace of the match, is beyond amazing. You can blame Hart, but it wasn't as obvious a mistake as in Oscar's goal vs Shakhtar or Stankovic's vs Schalke in 2011.

J

jiopi

Hart coming out or not, it was an impossible goal. The fact that such a goal is scored in such manner with the first try, in the pace of the match, is beyond amazing. You can blame Hart, but it wasn't as obvious a mistake as in Oscar's goal vs Shakhtar or Stankovic's vs Schalke in 2011.
I can't find anything impressive about it other than it being bicycle kick (that alone hardly is a feat) from the distance, but then again it was to the empty net. Maybe we just have a different opinions about quality of goals?

B

badboybjörn

I can't find anything impressive about it other than it being bicycle kick (that alone hardly is a feat) from the distance, but then again it was to the empty net. Maybe we just have a different opinions about quality of goals?

You must feel like an alien in the world of football the last few days then. Ppl mentioning it as the goal of the century and you cant "find anything impressive about it.." Kinda weird tbh.

J

jiopi

You must feel like an alien in the world of football the last few days then. Ppl mentioning it as the goal of the century and you cant "find anything impressive about it.." Kinda weird tbh.
Seriously? Goal scored in a friendly, from goalie mistake, to an empty net a goal of the century? I mean, for real? Would like to see arguments for that.

B

badboybjörn

It was completely awesome but goal of the century? Err, no.

I dont think so either im just saying its been tossed around and mentioned as such and to find such a goal as nothing special seem weird if you love football. To me atleast..

Home of Barca Fans