Real Madrid

BarcaOG

Banned
You love nebulous statements that mean who knows what sometimes don't you mate lol

'bad habits catch' up is hardly a nebulous claim. if you party too much, it will catch up to you (dinho, neymar); if you are an asshole and unfocused, it will catch up to you (ben arfa, jese). if you dont cultivate a winning mentality, it will catch up to you (messi). if you eat like shit, act like an immature adolescent, and disregard all rules, it will catch up to you (dembele).

one could go on. its hardly nebulous wolfe

El Gato

Villarato!
you cant accuse me of being vague if you arent willing to explain how you make your own judgements

Read again.
Gave you two criteria on a platter.

'bad habits catch' up is hardly a nebulous claim. if you party too much, it will catch up to you (dinho, neymar); if you are an asshole and unfocused, it will catch up to you (ben arfa, jese). if you dont cultivate a winning mentality, it will catch up to you (messi). if you eat like shit, act like an immature adolescent, and disregard all rules, it will catch up to you (dembele).

one could go on. its hardly nebulous wolfe

Hazard is now a party goer.

Yep. I'm oot.

BarcaOG

Banned
Read again.
Gave you two criteria on a platter.

Hazard is now a party goer.

Yep. I'm oot.

Where did I say he was a partier?

First criterion is that player takes things seriously in a new place. Second is that manager has to play them. If not, either coaches lose confidence in you doing the job, or you lose confidence in them for noticing your job. And then dude will try to climb walls and go back to where he knew he felt comfortable to regain the lost confidence. Normal course of events.
1. Hazard's awful diet and weight issues hardly speaks to 'taking things seriously in a new place'.
2. To be selected you have to be fit. Transfers involve all kinds of contingencies, including injuries, whether we like it or not. Suppose you pay 300m for Mpabbe and he fucks up his knee a ala R9 (god forbid) and never recovers a decent level/barely plays after that. Would be terrible, no doubt, but you could hardly say such an 'operation' worked out. Well, that's the case here, too.

Answer this then: do you think Hazard's transfer has 'worked', then? Yes or no answer.

Vilarrubi

Depends if you class “flop” and “failure” as the same thing.

Whether he’s to blame or not the facts are:

- 4 goals and 7 assists in 35 games
- 100m+ price tag
- constant injuries
- no epic performances (that I know of)

Agree he hasn’t played enough, but the transfer as a whole has been a failure. Sure Madrid are not happy in the slightest with how it’s turned out whether he’s had a full season or not.

Last edited:

Fati_Future_BallonDor

- 100m+ price tag
- constant injuries

Agree he hasn’t played enough, but the transfer as a whole has been a failure. Sure Madrid are not happy in the slightest with how it’s turned out whether he’s had a full season or not.

Wolfe doesnt like this post :p

BarcaOG

Banned
Imagine buying one of the world's best players in his prime, for 100m and a fat salary, and not expecting him to deliver whenever he's on the pitch. He's not some promising talent, Wolfe, he's an established star.

El Gato

Villarato!

- 100m+ price tag
- constant injuries

Numbers out of context of him never getting a chance to get into form so don't know what that fact is supposed to support.
What evidence is there injuries can be attributed to anything he's done? And which injuries? Can concede the first one maybe, which lasted all of 3 weeks. Stunning.
Transfer hasn't been a failure until it's categorically clear you won't get anything back. Which is subjective and he has 3-4 years on his contract. Stupid to judge after you barely seen him play consistent time to rule out that maybe-just-maybe it'll work out back to rhythm. Something you'd afford any talented player, but what is not being said for Hazard. Wonder why.

[MENTION=1742]BarcaOG[/MENTION]
What awful diet are you on about? 2 weeks ago La Sexta report said he lost 4 kilos over this last lockdown. The previous lockdown in 2020 he looked perfect. Literally 2 months of celebratory beer after getting his dream transfer that made him look chunky (which he himself admitted to doing) and some people can't tell apart whether people are poking fun with burger memes and if he's really a fat fuck 24/7. So tiresome to have to go over this on repeat. Yes, he does have a tendency to comfort eat. Not the only player to do that and regularly loses it. Costa was the same. Marcelo was the same.

Why is it so hard to understand you have no evidence for your assertion that his lack of fitness is anything to do with his negligence? In fact there's evidence to contrary. Nothing looked problematic upon any return since December 2019 when he got kicked in the shin and had chronic pain for 6-8 months. Dude didn't moan or complain, barely gave interviews if at all, no dramas, no nothing. Martinez saying basically the same thing whenever he goes to NT. Just sat there, took the abuse, the memes + banter and worked to get back.
+ if he's done nothing wrong, what are you really calling a failure here? That we spent money? Lmao nothing to do with him or football.

The original contention isn't even to do with him (because there really is nothing that you could stick to him). It's to do with a label of a 'flop'. Never played 4 straight games since the injury. Last time he played full 90 mins of football was vs Sociedad in November before Meunier tackle. Therefore you're not even calling him or his football a flop. Only ridiculing the idea you put in your own head. Jokes on you lol

There's nothing to answer yes or no to.
Transfer was great on marketing grounds, got a FIFA cover out of it and some sponsorship income which was much needed considering the 2nd best attacking player is a bonafide cunt that gets wobbly legs ever 2 months. It was pretty poor on fee negotiation, but Chelsea was looking to fuck us after the Morata fiasco and us trying to milk them as they were attempting to sign Kovacić before their ban kicked in, and Real were desperate to have any semblance of having filled the CR hole for image & prestige. It was not fine with long-term planning as from the start I didn't think he's the type of wide player we needed at the time, and I would rather we went for someone younger and more direct, instead of appeasing Zizou (over whose infallible decisions you beat the meat to so much) and giving into majority of clueless fans who wanted him. And far too early to judge ANY football. Because he played half a league season.

Painful to have to keep going back to the simple concept of nuance. + you keep proving you don't know/think a lot and are repeating stuff you overheard thinking it means something.

Exhausted it now.

Imagine buying one of the world's best players in his prime, for 100m and a fat salary, and not expecting him to deliver whenever he's on the pitch. He's not some promising talent, Wolfe, he's an established star.

Ffs. This wasn't about Hazard. R E A D

I'm really oot. Get a life.

Last edited:

serghei

Depends if you class ?flop? and ?failure? as the same thing.

Whether he?s to blame or not the facts are:

- 100m+ price tag
- constant injuries

Agree he hasn?t played enough, but the transfer as a whole has been a failure. Sure Madrid are not happy in the slightest with how it?s turned out whether he?s had a full season or not.

It's always bad to get players after their beast years have passed. Hazard had what? 8 years in the most physical league out there? It's like us with Turan sort of (granted Hazard is better). Turan had some great years under Simeone, but the guy had already checked out by the time we got him.

Normally, you don't want to sign players past their prime, because most of the time, you'll overpay for them while they check out. You don't want to be the last fat paycheck for stars with finished legs. You either get him in their prime, or before they enter their prime, or much sooner if you're fairly confident they'll turn out big.

Last edited:

BarcaOG

Banned
Also him not playing consistently is part of the problem. Again, whether you like it or not, injuries are a part of football and they affect how and whether a player delivers. You can't conveniently put that aside just because you want to pretend that Hazard hasn't been a completely failed project.

Vilarrubi

Numbers out of context of him never getting a chance to get into form so don't know what that fact is supposed to support.
What evidence is there injuries can be attributed to anything he's done? And which injuries? Can concede the first one maybe, which lasted all of 3 weeks. Stunning.
Transfer hasn't been a failure until it's categorically clear you won't get anything back. Which is subjective and he has 3-4 years on his contract. Stupid to judge after you barely seen him play consistent time to rule out that maybe-just-maybe it'll work out back to rhythm. Something you'd afford any talented player, but what is not being said for Hazard. Wonder why.

I never mentioned anything about injuries being attributed to anything he’s done. I literally said “whether he’s to blame or not”.

Think you’re putting too much emphasis on whether he’s to blame or not. I actually agree there’s no proof of that only rumours.

Objectively the transfer has been a failure SO FAR. Madrid signed one of PL’s best players for 100m+ to “replace” Ronaldo and has been injured over half the time he’s been there and put up very poor stats in a weak La Liga. Of course you hope he’s given a full season to prove himself and make judgment, that’s expected as a Madrid fan but that’s doesn’t matter, were talking about the transfer so far.

Home of Barca Fans