Real Madrid

raskolnikov

I for one don't mind the transfer ban if it protects kids under 18 years of age. I cannot tolerate for a moment clubs burning young kids and their future. Beyond the football these are real people with real families and while we glorify Messi stories and what not, we don't even know how many kids and their families suffer from kids not making the grade. What becomes of them afterwards?

The law is fine and if big clubs cannot practice proper acquisition of talent according to the law, one that makes sense and for me (without expertise in social sciences, law) then its their fault, not the law.
How is it a bad thing though? even in the worst case scenario people can move back to where they came from and build on learned experiences. A period working in Spain wont look bad on the resume of the father. And for kids from the most poor parts of the world its a golden opportunity.

Sure clubs take advantage of them but the opportunity to become a football player at a topclub is a golden one. I would personally drive my son to Madrid if it meant he could become a football player for example, if all fails you move back get some education and a job and be a regular person.
Its not as if these children are living in terrible circumstances while in Spain.

FIFA should pay more attention to the workers in Qatar than worry about these Lucky children.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
This doesn't change much for them, we can hate on RM as much as we want, but Perez is doing a far greater job than our board, they are fully prepared, and it will take time before they are actually ban so they'll keep buying world class player until then.

Only case where it could hurt them is if an amazing gem of a player blossoms in that time and they can't sign him, but they'll still have nowhere near the defficiencies we have in our squad.

Though, this will at least put them in an as bad a situation as us in the negociations, if they were planning a max bid of 60M for verrati for example, make that 160M now :lol:

Altomonte

Any thoughts on RM's goal of the season thus far? My vote is probably Benzema's against Basel.

I just took a closer look at Ronaldo's 2nd goal against Sevilla. Aside from the fact that Sevilla's coach should blame himself for not substituting his injured player and play with only 10 men while conceding 2 goals, this goal should be studied closer by Sevilla as a lesson how not to defend.
In particular, the goalkeeper was sleeping, hesitating to move forward, towards the ball.
If he had tried to get to the ball he may have bloodied his face but he would have forced the referee to give Ronaldo a yellow card and to annul the goal.
By failing to reach for the ball, he let Ronaldo score with his cleats high up in the air, inside the protected area.
Give Ronaldo credit for his opportunistic fast reaction, but also blame the goalkeeper to freeze and try to stay clear of Ronaldo's cleats.
No way Casillas would have made the same mistake.

I would like to hear the community's opinion on this one!

ricknattery

I just took a closer look at Ronaldo's 2nd goal against Sevilla. Aside from the fact that Sevilla's coach should blame himself for not substituting his injured player and play with only 10 men while conceding 2 goals, this goal should be studied closer by Sevilla as a lesson how not to defend.
In particular, the goalkeeper was sleeping, hesitating to move forward, towards the ball.
If he had tried to get to the ball he may have bloodied his face but he would have forced the referee to give Ronaldo a yellow card and to annul the goal.
By failing to reach for the ball, he let Ronaldo score with his cleats high up in the air, inside the protected area.
Give Ronaldo credit for his opportunistic fast reaction, but also blame the goalkeeper to freeze and try to stay clear of Ronaldo's cleats.
No way Casillas would have made the same mistake.

I would like to hear the community's opinion on this one!

Absolutely, the third goal was his fault as well. A keeper with a normal vertical jump and anticipation could have sent that ball to corner kick. Atrocious keeping

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Absolutely, the third goal was his fault as well. A keeper with a normal vertical jump and anticipation could have sent that ball to corner kick. Atrocious keeping

To be honest, I also thought he could have done better on our 2 goals there, he basically stood there watching the ball go in..

Morten

FFS, several sources says that Bale will be starting. Yeah, he did very well against Sevilla when they were chasing the game, but this is different. Hope he proves me wrong.

Home of Barca Fans