Real Madrid

Horatio

You're welcome
Same. This trophy is meaningless to this team after their CL run.

I refuse to believe that. A Clasico is a clasico. Always an achievement to beat rival in the final to a trophy. Also they should consider they might not win La Liga so picking this trophy up in meantime and then together with Copa del Rey could at least prevent them from having disaster of a season.

JamDav1982

Madrid looked leggy and disorganised but Barca also contributed to that.

Xavi put out a team to domiante ball in midfield in way they couldnt cope with. They couldnt get near Busi, FDJ. Pedri and Gavi to point they looked stopped even trying.

Real didn just beome old today.. this is team they have and have to set up for and team Xavi has to set up to take on.

Have to give Xavi and players credit today for that.

Horatio

You're welcome
Madrid looked leggy and disorganised but Barca also contributed to that.

Xavi put out a team to domiante ball in midfield in way they couldnt cope with. They couldnt get near Busi, FDJ. Pedri and Gavi to point they looked stopped even trying.

Real didn just beome old today.. this is team they have and have to set up for and team Xavi has to set up to take on.

Have to give Xavi and players credit today for that.

Sure Xavi deserves credit but there is more to it. At start of game I could understand it being part of usual tactic of sitting back and playing after counter. But what stood out to me is that after after first and second goal there was 0 response from them. Rarely seen that.

ajnotkeith

Sure Xavi deserves credit but there is more to it. At start of game I could understand it being part of usual tactic of sitting back and playing after counter. But what stood out to me is that after after first and second goal there was 0 response from them. Rarely seen that.

It reminds me of the 4-0 last year. Barca at max motivation and Real at almost zero.

Only one winner in that situation.

JamDav1982

They looked agitated to me not that they were not trying.

Their break wasnt working as Araujo and Balde were too quick for Valverde and Vini.

Their other option to get ball up park was through midfield but the Barca four dominated and out worked them.

I think they were outplayed and didnt really have any ideas.

Did they give up a bit early as Supercopa? Maybe but would rather give team and Xavi credit than assume that and not what think happened.

ajnotkeith

Their break wasnt working as Araujo and Balde were too quick for Valverde and Vini.

Their other option to get ball up park was through midfield but the Barca four dominated and out worked them.

Did they give up a bit early as Supercopa? Maybe but would rather give team and Xavi credit than assume that and not what think happened.

When they started pressing and playing with more urgency latter part of the game they had some success and got a consolation goal.

Obviously at 3-0 in the 2nd half team cooled the jets a bit but I definitely think their lack of effort was a big reason they got dominated most of the game. For most part Barca were winning every loose ball and Madrid were moving like slugs.

JamDav1982

When they started pressing and playing with more urgency latter part of the game they had some success and got a consolation goal.

Obviously at 3-0 in the 2nd half team cooled the jets a bit but I definitely think their lack of effort was a big reason they got dominated most of the game. For most part Barca were winning every loose ball and Madrid were moving like slugs.

By time game was won and I said the pace of Barca at back was too much for them and midfield dominated ball.. by time Real scored Araujo, FDJ, Pedri and Gavi were all off.

If anything the fact Real improved later in game when those players exited backs up my point that Barca controlled it and not Real downing tools.

Unless argument is they bizarrely just started to try at 3-0 down in closing minutes for some unknown reason.

El Gato

Villarato!
Didn't down tools but even Fede after game said team didn't apply themselves. Think he had something happen in the family and head wasn't all in too

Not that it matters. Barca getting titles like so and celebrating is amusing either way

FinBarcelonafan

I would say this is pretty well analyzed in the game and why Real struggled.

Home of Barca Fans