Real Madrid

Vilarrubi

Why didn’t they play Vinicius? He’s looked dangerous on the ball whenever I’ve watched them this season. Surely would have caused City defence a problem, even if he can’t shoot to save his life...

Chainsaw

Killahead
This Real Madrid side was awful. This season's clasicos have to be the worst clasicos I remember. The fact that they've won the title show how bad Barca was this season.

BarcaOG

Banned
Except they didn't beat us twice in the league...

Some of you guys have your Luft glasses on. It's doom and gloom with Barca yet you search for every little positive about RM. Us being shit at the highest level doesn't mean RM are not another flavor of shit.

yes, you are right; they didnt beat us twice. but they drew at the camp nou and thats not exactly a plus for us.

besides, if you think this real side is so bad, so awful (and i agree theyre not great), what does that say about our own team if they took the league title and we were unable to best them? thats a pretty solid indication that we ourselves are not special

serghei

yes, you are right; they didnt beat us twice. but they drew at the camp nou and thats not exactly a plus for us.

besides, if you think this real side is so bad, so awful (and i agree theyre not great), what does that say about our own team if they took the league title and we were unable to best them? thats a pretty solid indication that we ourselves are not special

Both teams are not very good. A level bellow other sides in Europe.

serghei

^^

I'd say Tier 1 is Pool and Bayern

Tier 1.5 is City, maybe AM on European nights.

Tier 2 is Barca, RM, PSG

Tier 3 is Juve

I'd have PSG above both Barca and Madrid at the moment.

Maybe put City in tier 1. And move PSG in tier 1.5 with AM.

Atalanta is early. They didn't play a top team yet in Europe. Had a weak group and had a weak Valencia in Last 16. Their game with PSG will show us if they are the real deal or not.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Thought I was in the Salgado thread dawg.

That thumbnail is amazing. Looks like some advanced squat stance they teach you in Shaolin. Ernesto " I can squat my weight and Rakitic on one leg" Valverde would be proud.

Last edited:

Messi983

For everyone complaining about our transfers, Madrid is not really all that much better.

15970898620058.jpg

Alik

They spent a total of 475M on all those players. A lot of which will be recovered.

We spent that amount on just Coutinho, Griezmann, and Dembele. A lot of which is lost forever.

Yeah, Madrid is much better.

Messi983

They spent a total of 475M on all those players. A lot of which will be recovered.

We spent that amount on just Coutinho, Griezmann, and Dembele. A lot of which is lost forever.

Yeah, Madrid is much better.

We're talking about buying players, not selling them. We know they're better at selling because they give their players more reasonable wages so they're easier to offload.

But tbh we've also recuperate most money or even make small profit with lower money investments (less than 40m) flops.

Yeah, we'll never get back what we've paid for Coutinho and even less Dembele. I don't really blame the club in his case though since nobody could prognose he'll turn out to be so injury prone. If he'd stay fit and flop on a sporting level we could've still sell him for a very good money because many clubs would still believe in his youth/potential and think they could get more out of him. Now he's a lost case.

OTOH I still didn't totally give up on Griezmann.

JamDav1982

Real being great at selling gets thrown around too often.

How are they getting on selling Bale and James?

They have just sold Hakimi for not far off what Barca got for Malcolm.

The market is much more about what teams are willing to pay than some clubs being brilliant at selling in comparison to others.

Home of Barca Fans