Daniel Alves

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
It's not even the fact he is back. It's more the situation where Xavi doesn't know how to ration his minutes while having 5 subs available.

Porque

Dani Alves is closer to staying because Xavi guides him here.
The idea is that the Brazilian contributes his seniority until the World Cup in Qatar in a marriage that suits both parties.

---

To be honest I don't really have a problem with keeping Alves as he has been OK, and Dest has been consistently injured.

But if Dest is sold I hope we invest in a high quality RB project for B or have in mind a good quality RB from the 2023 expiring pool. I haven't searched them but Im sure someone decent is there.

To further the article they say that the plan is for Alves to stay until the winter market to work hard playing here and make the Brazil squad, then possibly let him go after January.

Andresito

Staff member
Imagine Alves at 38 making the Brazil squad for the World Cup...football has regressed badly.

He's actually 39.

But yeah he most definitely will make the squad. Already in it for the upcoming friendlies in June.

RB is pretty weak for Brazil atm. Danilo and Alves are fighting with Emerson. Then you have some unproven players like Dodo, Vanderson and Yan Couto. None of those have a single cap for Brazil though and probably aren't good enough for it yet.

Total-Football

Stunning post match comments by alves don't know if yall seen it. Claims that the team lacks "mentality" "" spirit " bla bla. Every nail is hammered except the big nail which is the intensity of the team. Needless to say he hopes to comeback next season!! Seems that" amigoism" is a phenomenon worth carrying phds about. It's some novelty in competitive sport.

Messi983

There is nothing wrong with him saying the team lacks mentality. That's pretty obvious.

To further the article they say that the plan is for Alves to stay until the winter market to work hard playing here and make the Brazil squad, then possibly let him go after January.

I could see him retiring after World Cup.

Imagine Alves at 38 making the Brazil squad for the World Cup...football has regressed badly.

Not really. These days players who are professional and keep care of their bodies can prolong their careers and play on a top level deep into their thirties. Modrić will turn 37 in September and is still playing great, Benz should win Ballon d'Or at 34.

Just because we have players like Busi who really should have retired 4 years ago doesn't mean players in other clubs who are older than him don't still play good to even great.

Alves has always been a hardworking professional unlike many Brazilian offensive stars like Ronaldinho or Neymar whose life style (partying) eventually affected/shortened their careers. And coaches also value his personality in locker room.

Andresito

Staff member
I could see him retiring after World Cup.

Depends. To me it always seemed like he wants to retain his record of most trophies won. If there is a title aspiring team willing to give him a contract, I think he'll keep going. But if Brazil win WC then he's probably content.

Even at this trash Barca he could've potentially won Supercopa, Copa and EL.

Neeraj

He's completely finished as a top flight player. Pretty embarrassing if we have to count on him even as a reserve player.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
His attitude is fine and I don't mind keeping him as a sub with low wages. As Messi983 said, problem is in guys like Busi. High wages, plays all the time and stinks up the place.

Home of Barca Fans