User Tag List

Page 752 of 753 FirstFirst ... 252652702742750751752753 LastLast
Results 11,266 to 11,280 of 11282

Thread: 2- Daniel Alves

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went back and watched some Dani Alves highlights on YT. He is one of my favorites from the Pep team and truly the best RB this club has had. His amazing stamina, understanding with Messi, offensive and defensive IQ, is unmatched. He would sprint to join in nearly every attack and then also sprint back to defend.

What makes him so different than the average RB's we've had (Roberto and Semedo) is his extremely high IQ on both ends of the field. Dude just knew where to position himself, who to pass to, and when to run back. Massive respect to him. I will always remember Dani Alves. In hindsight we should have kept him until 17-18, 18-19 season. Don't forget he was a very important part of that Juventus team getting to the 2017 CL Final.

Se Queda

Forum D'Amigos Tactical Unit - BBZ Containment Office
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard.H View Post
    I went back and watched some Dani Alves highlights on YT. He is one of my favorites from the Pep team and truly the best RB this club has had. His amazing stamina, understanding with Messi, offensive and defensive IQ, is unmatched. He would sprint to join in nearly every attack and then also sprint back to defend.

What makes him so different than the average RB's we've had (Roberto and Semedo) is his extremely high IQ on both ends of the field. Dude just knew where to position himself, who to pass to, and when to run back. Massive respect to him. I will always remember Dani Alves. In hindsight we should have kept him until 17-18, 18-19 season. Don't forget he was a very important part of that Juventus team getting to the 2017 CL Final.

Marcelo, Alves, Cafu, R. Carlos. All 4 of the greatest fullbacks ever from Brazil.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingLeo10 View Post
    Marcelo, Alves, Cafu, R. Carlos. All 4 of the greatest fullbacks ever from Brazil.
    Ashley Cole, from England.
    Belongs in conversation too.

Forum D'Amigos Tactical Unit - BBZ Containment Office
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Morten View Post
    Ashley Cole, from England.
    Belongs in conversation too.
    Agree. He kept the winger versions of CR7 and Messi in check. They have a terrible goal record v him.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Carlos was not even close to likes of Maldini as a full back.

Roberto Carlos was massively over rated if ever entering these debates.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree. He kept the winger versions of CR7 and Messi in check. They have a terrible goal record v him.
    Ashley Cole was basically impossible to get past, while also contributing going forward.
    Ronaldo did very little against Chelsea as a result, indeed, i believe he only has one goal against Chelsea, which was in the CL-final, a header in the box, away from the wings.

Messi and Cole played on opposite sides of the pitch though, doubt they had many confrontations.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard.H View Post

Yeah, no doubt. I think he is the GOAT RB, and I also think he'd be better than Barcelonas alternatives even in 2021. Evidently he was better in 17-18-19 as you say.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JamDav1982 View Post
    Carlos was not even close to likes of Maldini as a full back.

Roberto Carlos was massively over rated if ever entering these debates.
    Yeah, Maldini played a lot as LB, he is ahead of anyone there for me.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nilton Santos, Djamina Santos, Carlos Alberto.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by khaled_a_d View Post
    LB is Maldini's position. He only played as CB in his last three seasons. Before that he still played as both LB and CB.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by khaled_a_d View Post
    Can't think of anyone better than him on that position from that period and to be consistent for 20+ players, man what a legend!

Roberto Carlos was okay defender, not great, but his notorious meteor shooting was what made him enjoyable to watch. In terms of defensive skills he's nowhere near the greats.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Windhook View Post
    Can't think of anyone better than him on that position from that period and to be consistent for 20+ players, man what a legend!

Roberto Carlos was okay defender, not great, but his notorious meteor shooting was what made him enjoyable to watch. In terms of defensive skills he's nowhere near the greats.
    Carlos stamina speed and strength were great assets to his game, he was a rich man (like Bill Gates rich) Alba in that sense. A true historic LB tbf.
    Being better than Maldini is different story

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s my broken wing to not have played in the Premier League,” the legendary right-back said. “When I was at Sevilla I came close to joining Liverpool. I don’t know how my life would have turned out but Liverpool is one of the biggest clubs in the world.

Article continues below
    “It was my fault it didn’t work out with Manchester City. The deal was all OK but I had some personal problems and had to change my plans.

“It would have been wonderful to work with the man who changed my life again. There is a bad taste to have failed to do that, to have failed him. I don’t like to fail people and especially not those who believed me, trusted in me and helped me become who I am today. I have already said sorry to him (Pep Guardiola). I shouldnt have joined PSG. I failed. But I am a human being and I make mistakes.”

LoooooooL that dis to PSG

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Made Brazil squad. Legend!
    #TerStegenOUT

Banned

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)