Who is the best player at 29 - Neymar, Bale, Son, Salah?

Who is the best palyer at 29 ?

• Total voters

El Gato

Villarato!
Something I had a chat about recently, maybe worth doing a poll here
And let's not make it a 'who has achieved more at 29'

Discuss

Porque

Neymar if he was South Korean and got to avoid National service.

But as things are, it's Neymar.

Laplacian

iirc, Bale was 29 in the 18/19 season?

I would say Salah > Neymar > Son > Bale

29 year old Neymar was this season bro...

He was shit lol.

No way he's better than Son.

It's Salah=Son>Neymar>Bale

Though I'll take Son because he's more versatile than Salah. Also Salah's form has been whack since Jan.

LFCB

Neymar is way less effective than he once was because he wants to play like Messi instead of a proper winger.
It was kind of down hill from 29 for Bale, he only got 8 goals in LL that season, Salah has that in CL alone this year.

El Gato

Villarato!
Could add 'who would you have on your team' to the question, but that opens its own can of worms I suppose

If I were told to go and buy a player right now and each would cost the same and in their peak, I'd probably take Neyboy still TBH
A pissed off Bale is the level headed quality that adds a lot to your side so I'd have him in 2nd

Laplacian

Neymar is way less effective than he once was because he wants to play like Messi instead of a proper winger.
It was kind of down hill from 29 for Bale, he only got 8 goals in LL that season, Salah has that in CL alone this year.

what pisses me off is that even though hes not as rapid as he was in his prime he still has the acceleration for wing play, but persists with that shitty no.10 role he's been obsessed with since 2017.

fucking idiot. literally a once in a generation level of ability and blew it away because of ego.

Zidane82

Currently Son , Salah amazing but just out of form in the last month or so .
Normally Salah is unplayable

Temptation

Son>Salah>Bale>Neymar.

Prime Bale over any of these though. Prime Bale was an insane matchwinner who can score from anywhere with his technical prowess and physicality. Also the most complete. Started his career as full back. Long shots, Free kicks, Corners, Headers, Crossing, Pace, Strength, Passing range. The guy had it all. Plays like a man possesed for Wales till this day!

Andresito

Staff member
Salah, Son, Neymar's current season vs Bale 18/19? Don't understand Bale's inclusion in this question as he's far off from the other 3.

Easy for me
Salah > Son >> Neymar >> Bale

Also how I'd rank which player I want in my team.

LFCB

what pisses me off is that even though hes not as rapid as he was in his prime he still has the acceleration for wing play, but persists with that shitty no.10 role he's been obsessed with since 2017.

fucking idiot. literally a once in a generation level of ability and blew it away because of ego.

Exactly! He played as a proper winger and there aren't that many about. For example, despite his lack of ability Traore drives at defenders and it works, Raphinha is quite similar.
I genuinely believe Neymar was one of the best ever in his position because of the lack of true wingers.

Home of Barca Fans