Ramon Rodriguez Jimenez "Monchu"

Joan

1513464095087.jpg

Date of birth: 13 September 1999 (age 18)
Place of birth: Palma, Spain
Height: 1.73 m (5 ft 8 in)
Playing position: Midfielder
Current team: Barcelona B​

I couldn't find his thread. Promising one who'll play with the B team next season.

Ramón Rodr?*guez Jiménez (born 13 September 1999), commonly known as Monchu, is a Spanish professional footballer who plays for FC Barcelona B as a central midfielder. Born in Palma, Majorca, Balearic Islands, Monchu joined FC Barcelona's youth setup in 2012, from RCD Mallorca. After progressing through the youth setup, he made his senior debut with the reserves on 15 December 2017, coming on as a second-half substitute for Oriol Busquets in a 1–3 away loss against Cádiz CF for the Segunda División championship.

Renewed his contract recently.

[tw]1016280352460038145[/tw]

I'm opening the thread now since I saw an interesting video. It's called "The Distributor of Masia ● Full Season Show ● 2017/18". Boy knows what a proper through ball looks like. :lol:

[youtube]wfs2TcyWk9g[/youtube]

Another video, I enjoy watching these.

[youtube]pfiWPa7Ng_k[/youtube]

Cheers.

Joan

Never noticed him before, but his mid + long passes are something else.

I found out about him a few months ago, played some B team matches once Pimienta took over.

Didn't seem to bother with pressure and handled those games well.

FC433

Thiago's way of handling. I have read somewhere that he plays like Thiago under pressure and I agree with that. What do you think?

BusiTheKing

I thought of Thiago as well, but I don't know how much of it is the general resemblance of their composure and physical expressions and how much of it is actually football.

I think he looks extremely promising. The amount of time between him receiving the ball and picking out a forward pass with great precision is astonishingly short. He's very comfy with the ball and employs the time and space that it affords him cleverly to constantly keep his head up and be aware of what's going on around him. Also he seems... agile. Lively.

FC433

I am actually very impressed. Although I watched Barcelona U19 in YCL, I do not remember him and I have no idea why. Does anyone have any full match of him playing? He is already my favourite.

God Serena

He's promising and has definitely flown under the radar. I'm just waiting to see how he does with Barca B. It's gonna be tough to fill the gap Alena is leaving.

FC433

He will travel with us. He should play his first game with the first team in about four days

Joan

I am actually very impressed. Although I watched Barcelona U19 in YCL, I do not remember him and I have no idea why. Does anyone have any full match of him playing? He is already my favourite.

I was able to find this one: https://footballia.net/matches/fc-barcelona-b-rayo-vallecano

You can find his latest appearances here, https://www.sofascore.com/hr/igrac/monchu/859774 but I can't find full matches.

Watch some highlights, at least. Was very good for the B team.

edit: yes, I agree with previous statements. Great vision and so fast to react.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
He reminds me a lot of Verratti. Really quick and agile, obviously great feel for the game and passing range. He also has that aggression and tenacity on defense.

One to watch, especially if he's playing for us this preseason. With Monchu, Miranda, Morey, Abel Ruiz, etc. this is one of the most talented B team sides in quite a while. Every single one of them is a legit 1st team prospect and very well rounded which was the downfall of guys like Deulofeu and Adama

xXKonan

Showed some quality but also showed his inexperience and gave the ball away to much especially in the last 25 minutes of the match.

Talented player no doubt and it's a learning experience for him.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
His long balls are great.

It's hard to gauge the real quality in friendlies and particularly because of the fact they play 45 mins. and look so much more energetic than they'd normally.

Latschenkiefer

Why is nobody talking about this guy? He is CM, topscorer of Barca B, secondary team captain and I don't see any grave weaknesses bar maybe heading. He has a really good technique and first touch, very good passes, low center of gravity, makes quick short steps, seems to be calm on the ball and physically strong and even has a dribbling and can score from outside the box.

Is he training with the first team?

Maybe people reduce him to his fantastic long balls which they think don't belong to the Barca way. Or is he average in defence?

Last edited:

Porque

He is good. For me he has issues with mobility as he is quite static on the ball and only plays in the direction he is facing. But those can be worked on.

Andresito

Staff member
Monchu has offers from clubs in the Premier League, if he doesn't have opportunities in the first team he will likely leave. [cadena ser]

I think the club will jump on this if we can get 5-10M for him.

Home of Barca Fans