Xavi Hernández

serghei

In the summer we have option a) to sack Xavi, and appoint a new manager to bring something different to the players. Or option b) to keep supporting the manager and make it clear to the players that it's on them to improve on the terrible individual performances that they produced this season.

Option c) where you go and break up the squad with 3-4 top sells and 6-7 top buys is very unlikely considering the economic situation. The numbers just don't add up for such a move. Although I think this would be the best option. Too many players in the squad that I don't particularly like. No wonder my favorite player is someone like Raphinha.

Givenchy

In the summer we have option a) to sack Xavi, and appoint a new manager to bring something different to the players. Or option b) to keep supporting the manager and make it clear to the players that it's on them to improve on the terrible individual performances that they produced this season.

Option c) where you go and break up the squad with 3-4 top sells and 6-7 top buys is very unlikely considering the economic situation. The numbers just don't add up for such a move. Although I think this would be the best option. Too many players in the squad that I don't particularly like. No wonder my favorite player is someone like Raphinha.
If it's largely on the players individual performances this season and they just aren't good enough, was the la liga win last season a fluke?

We clearly don't have the best players anymore but there's a real lack of leadership on/off the pitch and focus. Kounde has been a lot better lately but before he was making so many stupid mistakes and now others are doing it. I feel it's down to poor management and Xavi has coached to the best of his abilities; he just isn't good enough.

How can Barca fans get behind him and support him when he still fails to take accountability?

After hearing about the club wanting to bring in people to help Xavi and then him demanding his current team stay or else.. damn Laporta is fucking pathetic :lol:

malvolio

It was mistake to keep him, at least wait what happens Vs PSG and Real first. Laporta dropped the ball here.
League was done before the Real game. As a matter of fact whole season was over after the Copa exit.

Real was on the up form wise and already had a good cushion. CL we were never going to win, regardless of what happened with PSG.

That's why Xavi resigned, he knew that only some lucky CL run might change the season. Otherwise everybody knew that we were done.

The whole circus with the PSG tie and game against Real was just to extend some faith that fans still had.

So Laporta's best option was to confirm Xavi's resignation. But he prefferd to cry like a bitch.

Devils

Third trophyless season in the last five years. The league title win is looking more like an anomaly than building something.
It will be continue.

La Liga will become Ligue 1 and Bayernliga status once Real sign Mbappe. They will be so far ahead of everyone else that them not winning it would be an anomaly.

serghei

Third trophyless season in the last five years. The league title win is looking more like an anomaly than building something.

If we don't recover from this, then yes, that would be the idea. A lot will depend on how we will perform next season.

Birdy

IHe has delivered one great season and one bad season. So for the time being, he deserves credit to try and fix the issues for next season.

one 'great' season in a season we won a league by amassing 1-0s agains the Osasunas and the Valladolids, while being worse on the pitch, and in a season where we were humiliated in Europe

When I say some posters have no shame...
Our president everyone

❗️President Laporta was furious after the match vs Girona. He was heard screaming uncontrollably "This cannot be!" in one of the stadium's exits.

— @sport

Did the Bozo throw the tray with hamburgers this time or not?

serghei

Serghei spends all his energy to downplay Barca own players :lol:

I mean, the squad is flawed but cmon.

If they didn't do so much stupid shit.. I would abstain from it. But just the other game, it's 1-0 and the keeper tries a sombrero over an attacker just to show off... gifts him the easiest goal he's ever scored. Season has been riddled with terrible stuff like that.

Birdy

Xavi simps and apologists are shameless and basically helpless, they embarrass themselves more with every passing day.

The thing is that you should see the bigger picture.
And the bigger picture is that Laporta, by picking Xavi and letting him stay for ever, is allowing Madrid to build a dynasty.
They have almost completed their squad overhaul from the Zidane team, and they are favorites to RECLAIM the LL next season, something they haven't done since 2008.

Xavi is the guy who made Ancelotti, a guy notoriously bad in leagues, win a league title for a 2nd time, something he had NEVER EVER done in his career in all the stints he had in different clubs and leagues
That's the measure of the destruction Laporta is building

Messigician

Bayern Munich board shocked by Ralf Rangnick’s snub​

Bayern’s bosses were not expecting Rangnick to say no to the offer to become Tuchel’s successor at the club.

Home of Barca Fans