Would you loan Bojan out?

Do we loan him or not?

• Total voters

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Simple question. He seems to struggle this year. Would more playing time in some mediocre team help him more than staying here?

Fourteen

Monster Masch
For the mean-time, he is best staying.

For example, he is a part (albeit not a huge part) of an exceptional team. Messi, Henry, Eto'o.....If he is going to learn anything and anywhere, it's from those three and at Barcelona. His situation in some ways reminds me of how Iniesta made it in to the team. He stuck at it for a long time, taking advantage of every substitute appearance and rare start a few years back, and look at him now. I'm not quite sure if it will work out the same way for Bojan due to obvious differences in ability and position, but for the time being, he can do no wrong in being a substitute at the age of 18 behind the likes of Henry, Messi and Eto'o in one of the biggest clubs in the world. Going on loan I feel will only ruin his chances to impress in training and on the bigger stage when he gets the chance.

One other point though. These links with Aguero and Benzema don't look too good for Bojan's long-term future, but you never know, I hope he progresses well enough to get into the team eventually...

maz

I walk the line
I cant see him going on loan and then returning to the club. I mean..do u see crosas coming back? Fact is right now we have the perfect number of strikers in henry, eto'o and bojan. Sending bojan out on loan means we need to bring another striker in. I cant see it being a veteran like henry, so it would have to be someone young (benzema or kún). Obviously those are long terms purchases, so unless bojan becomes phenominal, i dont see him returning. And even if he does become that good, why would he return to the club that put him out on loan and bought in another striker of a similar age?

jordan is right in that he can learn alot at the club, especially alongside henry and eto'o (henry is acting like a father to him which isnt surprising now henry hardly sees his daughter...while eto'o recently said bojan is a superb player who will go on to be a world class striker). However there is only so much u can learn in training and with some substitute appearances. Sooner or later he will need to be getting starting places regularly.

Thing is though jordan, In 04/05 iniesta actually had the most appearance of all the players (excluding perhaps VV). Alot of of them were substitute appearances, but he still got tons of minutes. Right now, bojan is getting no way near the number of minutes iniesta got when he burst onto the scene.

E

edox

One of Guardiola's coaching quality which I'm most impressed by is his ability to pull best out of his players (probably not the best term but hope you know what I mean). Just take look at Abidal, Gudjohnsen and so on, I'm just trying to say that we have to be patient, give that kid some time, under Guardiola as coach and with teammates such as Henry, Messi, Sylvinho, Eto'o I'm really not worried for Bojan. Let him stay.

Evil

Shabazz
I would´nt mind loaning him out for one season, he is obviously is´nt getting enough playing time which is slowing down his progress. He should go to a club where he can play regularly for one season, then came back to us.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
It`s not a matter of patience FCBNOF, I`m happy with every minute he plays.
I was just concerned that he could be losing valuable time sitting on the bench ;)

Evil

Shabazz
^^ Agreed. He needs more playing time. For Eg, look at Henrique, I'd guarantee if he came to Barça he would´nt barely play 90 minutes in 1 month. While in Leverkusen he´s played every available minute and he´s developing super fast, we already have people comparing him with Lucio.

I´d be happy If we did the same with Bojan for 1 season.

Twizku

The Twizmeister
This poll is 2 years old but still we're talking about it... I would loan him so he can get more playing time etc.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans