Valeron vs Riquelme

Who was better?

• Total voters

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
Nice poll. I go Valeron though. Both sensational players, but I always loved watching Valeron more. Such a graceful player, part of that Depor side that were pure awesomeness. real shame his career was so badly affected by the injuries, but even with them cutting it short he was more impressive than Riquelme for me.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Well, in terms of footballing ability and quality, Riquelme was just mesmerizing. His close ball control was only matched by an elite few. Riquelme was a show on his own, capable of producing magical moments even when the ball is slow moving or dead. Because he was able to round a player being so close to him without needing much momentum, Riquelme was sensentional every time he beat a player. It was like a show off. Especially with ability to retain the ball and never lose it. Slow as fuck but untouchable.

Valeron was exquisite with his fluid movement. In fact a very Spanish player, he works better at faster speeds yet his vision was sublime. His one touch passes and 1-2s are terrific. He easily connected two players with a simple touch in a split second. But I will refrain from saying anything about the man, until Sergio testifies how cool he is.

I'd take Riquelme, he is more baller.

Valeron 100%

I met him last year in Coruña, I don't think he remembers me though, such a legend, day before a match and he was out drinking.

And if I had read the thread, I would have known you already testified.

Valeron, easily.

You always liked the Spanish football above and beyond everything else, by a mile. I would not say easily but I am pretty sure you preffer Valeron's team functionality over Riquelme's man on man face offs.

Home of Barca Fans