U-19 Uefa Champions league?

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
1 World Class. And you don't normally have 1 World Class with terrible players but I understand your question. My reason for bringing that up is that world class talent needs a constant challenge and to practice with better players to develop. What you might have is a Madrid generation of Jurado's who were very very good players, but not world class (except De la Red) so they barely are able to break in. With 1 world class you at least have something useful beyond a high turn over of players for profit.

H725

Inter vs. Ajax is the final..... at least the Primavera gave us so much joy this year.
I'm happy for these kids,hopefully most of them could make it in the the first team from the next year.

Peerd

Notorious Demagogue
Inter won it by playing Catenaccio and winning on penalties. I bet Inter had like 20% possession in total in the entire game. But yeah, that's what you can expect from Italian teams (even though they had 8 foreigners in the starting lineup)

Last edited:

H725

Congrats to Ajax,a good team as always when it's due to youngsters, but nobody could compete with the our kids,even down with 10 men (very doubtful call by the ref) for about 50 minutes the squad continued playing very good and controlled the game as well (2 bars hitted during the extra-time included).

CAMPIONI D'EUROPA !

I'm sure that we'll see a lot of this lads in the first squad from the next year (especially Bessa,Longo,Crisetig and Duncan)

Last edited:

Sergio

Sergison
CAMPIONI D'EUROPA !
LOL, no you are not.

I say you, of course you and your pal did a very good disappearing act when Inter's season went off the rails - again. I don't think you can really be considers fans considering you both jumped ship, let alone shout about a non-event like this.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
H725, you will not see a single player from this group in the first team next season or the season after. This will add value to sell them off, simple as.

And Pippo, don't be jealous.

Peerd

Notorious Demagogue
Congrats to Ajax,a good team as always when it's due to youngsters, but nobody could compete with the our kids,even down with 10 men (very doubtful call by the ref) for about 50 minutes the squad continued playing very good and controlled the game as well (2 bars hitted during the extra-time included).

CAMPIONI D'EUROPA !

I'm sure that we'll see a lot of this lads in the first squad from the next year (especially Bessa,Longo,Crisetig and Duncan)

Did you see a different match than I did? Ajax had possession all the time and was playing passing football while Inter countered and defended. If you regard defending as controlling then you may be right, but Inter was constantly playing rough and tackling hard. They even tackled an Ajax player when the ball was already out just to try and injure him. The entire latter second half and extra time Inter only tried to make it to the penalty shootout.

Still, congratulations. But I just don't think the best team won.

Maria

I would have wanted Barca Juvenil A to win this trophy, but because Oscar decided not to call Deulofeu, Rafinha or Sergi Gomez we didn't stood a chance against Ajax. At this level is more important that the players gain experience by playing at 3 days against teams from different countries, with different stiles.

Next year will be even more interesting because they will double the no. of teams(16->32)..

H725

Did you see a different match than I did? Ajax had possession all the time and was playing passing football while Inter countered and defended. If you regard defending as controlling then you may be right, but Inter was constantly playing rough and tackling hard. They even tackled an Ajax player when the ball was already out just to try and injure him. The entire latter second half and extra time Inter only tried to make it to the penalty shootout.

Still, congratulations. But I just don't think the best team won.

Maybe we have a different kind of vision of football.
Having more (sterile) possession doesn't mean controlling the game first of all,and then if you look at all the chances Inter created as much or even more than Ajax (even when we were down with 10 men!) during the game,that's what I mean for controlling the game. The victory at the end was completely deserved.
You say that Inter players were playing rough and tackling hard?? I say that Ajax players acted like pussies and diving all the time,I've seen really pathetic scenes to be frank (like the red card for M'Baye).

Peerd

Notorious Demagogue
Maybe we have a different kind of vision of football.
Having more (sterile) possession doesn't mean controlling the game first of all,and then if you look at all the chances Inter created as much or even more than Ajax (even when we were down with 10 men!) during the game,that's what I mean for controlling the game. The victory at the end was completely deserved.
You say that Inter players were playing rough and tackling hard?? I say that Ajax players acted like pussies and diving all the time,I've seen really pathetic scenes to be frank (like the red card for M'Baye).

Chances were about equal, with Ajax perhaps more with the Klaasen goal (justly) disallowed for offside.

A few times during the match some Inter players did not even attempt to play the ball, but went full for the man. Like that time when the Ajax player tried to keep the ball in play and the Inter defender tackled him from behind while the ball was already out. That red card was justified imo, because M'Baye was only going for the man. He had no intention to play the ball. Some refs may give yellow for that, but others give red. I did not see diving at all :S

Either you are looking at this through Inter-glasses, I am looking at this through Ajax-glasses or the truth lies somewhere in between.

Home of Barca Fans