Should Barca sign a defender this winter?

Should Barca sign a defender this winter?

• Yes

Votes: 60 81.1%
  • No

Votes: 14 18.9%

• Total voters

Banana-Rama

barca has enough good players, they should stop hogging all the talent and let other teams have some good players, at least barca's dodgy defence gives other teams a chance to beat them...........

89Norcal

We could have had Sakho for the equivalent of £15 Million. People say introduce Barta but with the amount of CB converted DM's we have plus Puyol and Pique, I don't see the space for him unless we are seriously tight. Tito's logic to stick either Masch or Song in there is more likely, since we've seen 1 of our inexperienced defenders caught out already vs Madrid.

Btw the philosophy to now willingly buy these DM's and convert them when we could just buy a CB in the first place doesn't make sense. First I thought it was to have a CB that can push forward confidently on the ball but still seems pointless. While Pique ventures forward sometimes, he's more experienced and also has size unlike Masch and Song who are not huge assets on a cross or set piece.

Cule Finn

IF Tito gives Bartra enough playing time + we have better luck with injuries, I think Barca can manage this season with our current 4 CB:s. But those are gig IFs.

I think next summer is the right time to spend big on a real world class central defender. Its harder to get players moving in winter

Last edited:

veryfatchocobo

IF Tito gives Bartra enough playing time + we have better luck with injuries, I think Barca can manage this season with our current 4 CB:s. But those are gig IFs.

I think next summer is the right time to spend big on a real world class central defender. Its harder to get players moving in winter
Well, there's probably a reason why he doesn't play. The situation reminds me of college (US) football, where even if the starting quarterback is amazingly injured, as long as he can throw the ball, he still plays even when the backup is 100% fit.

Alik

barca has enough good players, they should stop hogging all the talent and let other teams have some good players, at least barca's dodgy defence gives other teams a chance to beat them...........

Oh I'm sorry. Guys, Barca should stop participating now to give others a chance.

Scratch Barca, and insert Man City, Chelsea, or Real Madrid and you will be more accurate.

Decanus

Formely Jose Maraschino
Carles has been great, but I've seen him beaten at the back more and more the last 2 seasons. He's also one or two awkward falls from being retired. It's time to groom a replacement I think.

Arachnid

Carles has been great, but I've seen him beaten at the back more and more the last 2 seasons. He's also one or two awkward falls from being retired. It's time to groom a replacement I think.

Well, no. Three years ago was time to groom a replacement. Now every day that goes by without one, is one more day of future defensive misery.

impeh

Hi, its me..
Vilanova: "We won't sign any centre back in January. Bartra could play tomorrow? He'll play when we think he should. I know him best."

rules that out! :lol:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Tito has guts. We've seen him doing unimaginable (benching Messi), playing Adriano as CB...
So it must be something else that is keeping Bartra out. It doesn't look well, that's true.

BarcaG

I say Barta needs a chance getting some intro other than than winter transfers arent necessary unless its an extreme circumstance

Home of Barca Fans