Scholes Vs Xavi (Not a direct comparison thread)

Guardian

Once you've calmed down and finished your little spastic attack, have a read of the first post (again).

It's a thread taken from redcafe, a forum that is generally even more biased than this one, and this thread has fuck all to do with Xavi/Scholes comparisons, I thought I made that perfectly clear in the thread title, evidently not clear enough for the slower ones like yourself.

To be quite frank, I couldn't give a toss what you think of England or Scholes in general. We have a fantastic set of individuals and always have done, but consistently flattered to decieve. Spain were even worse than us before their Euro 2008 triumph, despite being absolutely loaded with incredibly gifted players in every position on the pitch.

Speaking of Alfredo di Stefano, although not Spanish, he played 30 times for them - as opposed to just the 6 for Argentina... yep, now stop making a clown of yourself.

Gaddamit, you are as smart as an old female shoe. Your thread is about NT and why players should be rated for their achievements there, but you're so dumb that you couldn't form a simple question. This is why you waste so much time for explaining and mumbling. So why you came here? For opinions? Yeah, I gave it to you. Now get a chocolate and deal with it. Xavi completely changed the look of the Spanish team, he's the brain of this NT and you'll see, when he retires Spain will never be the same. Like Zidane for France. Or Stoichkov for Bulgaria, or Haggi for Romania. Scholes never changed anything, he was part of a good system at United but when moved to international football, he lacked a lot of football skills. He isn't Stoichkov, or Haggi, or Xavi, or Nedved. Now do you understand why players who have been successful at international level are so highly rated?

Ferenz Puskas also played for Spain, smartass, but never as successful as when he was at the Hungarian NT. Because he wasn't Spaniard. Now did you get it, pumpkin or now I should explain it to you again, slowly like for retarded kids? Di Stefano didn't care much about Spain.

Now, take you bag full of shit and stop the smell of ignorance. Your smell is annoying

B

barcelona6

Shearer was better than Villa though tbf.

:lol:

In years to come people (Apart from English people) won't remember scholes or Shearer,but they will remember Xavi and Villa.If Scholes was so good he wouldn't have been replaced by Lampard or Gerrard ffs :lol:.Also hes never impressed in any international tournament.

Xavi at his peak (2008 - ?) shits all over Scholes at his peak,only England or Manc fans would be so deluded to disagree.

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
To say no-one will remember Scholes. One of the most decorated footballers (at club level) of all time, Who has been lauded as the best. by the spme of the best players around at the time (Zidane, Davids, Xavi, Xabi Alonso) Is beyond retarded.

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
International performance does matter, but that doesn't mean Messi has to win a World Cup to be considered better than Maradona. Cruijff never won a World Cup but no one can deny that he was massive for the Netherlands and therefore no one questions his legend status. It's a question of whether the player can perform in a different system, which is something that Messi is often criticized for....by knobheads, that is. It's hilarious how some people (many people, in fact) think Messi was shit during the World Cup just because he failed to score, while performance-wise he was one of the best players in the tournament.

And to answer the title of the thread (which wasn't the point of the thread, I know), Xavi is marginally better. Again, international performance counts.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Unless of course, he wins the world cup by himself?

True........but considering the talents in argentina coming through and already in the team, I doubt that will be the case.

Plus Maradona went to a small club and made them champions and won a european trophy with freaking Napoli!

Sorry I can never see Messi being better than El Diego.

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
True........but considering the talents in argentina coming through and already in the team, I doubt that will be the case.

Plus Maradona went to a small club and made them champions and won a european trophy with freaking Napoli!

Sorry I can never see Messi being better than El Diego.

How can you say that though? You have no idea how good Messi will become. Messi may go on and Lead Argentina to 2 world Cups and a Copa America. Aswell as leading Barca to 5 CL's and 5 La Ligas, aswell as Club World Cups. Its in Messi's hands.

C

Carefree

Maradona won the world cup by himself that elevates him to a level no one can reach. Not even Messi.

No he didn't, biggest myth in football. Argentina had a very good team back then, from back to front, just Diego Maradona was the one who stood out and made the difference. He was absolutely brilliant, just like Messi today, and you can tell who's talking bullshit if they bring up Maradona's 1986 heroics.

Put it this way, had Maradona been playing today in the current Argentina set up... see South Africa 2010. The only ever thing Maradona 'single handedly' did was punch the ball into the back of the net against England. As infuriating as that was, his second goal was out of this world. His performances against England and Belgium were outrageously good, but he did not win the tournament by himself./

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Shearer was a massive choker. Villa isn't. for me, that makes Villa superior.

No he didn't, biggest myth in football. Argentina had a very good team back then, from back to front, just Diego Maradona was the one who stood out and made the difference. He was absolutely brilliant, just like Messi today, and you can tell who's talking bullshit if they bring up Maradona's 1986 heroics.

Put it this way, had Maradona been playing today in the current Argentina set up... see South Africa 2010. The only ever thing Maradona 'single handedly' did was punch the ball into the back of the net against England. As infuriating as that was, his second goal was out of this world. His performances against England and Belgium were outrageously good, but he did not win the tournament by himself./

well said.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Well, the thing with the 86 team was that it was built around Maradona in the sense that every player around him had a specific role they were limited to while Maradona was awarded the freedom to do what he wanted. Bilardo's defensive system was very rigid, the likes of Ruggeri, Burruchaga and especially Valdano were very good players, but everyone except Maradona and to an extent Valdano was supposed to focus on beating the shit out of everyone around them.

Home of Barca Fans