RCD Espanyol de Cornella

Messi983

Not sure what you're trying to say. :D I know they've sold the naming rights for Camp Nou so this should have no effect on Montjuic.

As I understand Spotify will be still paying us despite not playing at Camp Nou for more than a year. I know the club will still call it Spotify Camp Nou whenever they'll have updates about renovation works or something else but it's not the same as if games would be played there weekly.

That's why I've said 5m per season is not that bad. Alternatively they could pay us for example 8m this season, then nothing next year and 6-7m in 24/25 but on average we'd still be getting 5m/season.

I would argue that negotiated shirt deal is far worse than naming rights contract.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I think the 20m a year thing is just what we are seeking after the Nou Camp Nou is built, not finalized with Spotify or anybody else yet.

Messi983

I think the 20m a year thing is just what we are seeking after the Nou Camp Nou is built, not finalized with Spotify or anybody else yet.

Rac1 reported we have an option to extend contract for 8 years, 160m.

This was confimed from the club as well but no concrete numbers.

Guiu also explained how the 'title rights' sponsorship will work, with the stadium being renamed Spotify Camp Nou. There will be two phases, one while the renovation work for Espai Barça takes place, and another long-term agreement, once the future Camp Nou is complete.

Porque

Not sure what you're trying to say. :D I know they've sold the naming rights for Camp Nou so this should have no effect on Montjuic.

As I understand Spotify will be still paying us despite not playing at Camp Nou for more than a year. I know the club will still call it Spotify Camp Nou whenever they'll have updates about renovation works or something else but it's not the same as if games would be played there weekly.

That's why I've said 5m per season is not that bad. Alternatively they could pay us for example 8m this season, then nothing next year and 6-7m in 24/25 but on average we'd still be getting 5m/season.

I would argue that negotiated shirt deal is far worse than naming rights contract.

Yeah, but 5m is too little for this season. Considering this is the one with the marketing blitz.

I originally thought that Spotify deal for Camp Nou was paused for the time that we are not playing in Camp Nou, but as you say it is a flat 5m rate for the 4 years.

Should have been 20m for 22/23 really, with a drop to 5m until the season start that we return to Camp Nou.

Anyways about Montujic. I'm simply stating that next year it will be marketed as Barcelona playing at Montjulic and not the Spotify Montjulic. It seems Spotify hold no carry over for next seasons stadium which is a losses opportunity.

So there are 2 things with this IF we are permitted to sell the stadium naming rights in our rental contract (and quite frankly this shouldn't be a problem).

A) we have the option to re-sell the naming rights for Montujic when there for extra income to a third party (eg Panasonic Montjulic)

-perhaps Spotify have a clause to prevent this
-with the running track space there would be a ton of visual mileage we could include.

B) we could have rolled the Spotify Camp Nou package over to Montjulic for our spell there. Again they would have a ton of visible mileage, more so than at Camp Nou infact with the brandable running track space (LaLiga rules permitting- those fucks)

-in the case of B, then the 5m/yr for the Spotify Camp Nou 23/24 season and carry on for Spotify Montjulic / Spotify Olympic Stadium is definitely a bad nego and undersold by the board.

I guess that covers my thoughts :D

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Rac1 reported we have an option to extend contract for 8 years, 160m.

This was confimed from the club as well but no concrete numbers.

Guiu also explained how the 'title rights' sponsorship will work, with the stadium being renamed Spotify Camp Nou. There will be two phases, one while the renovation work for Espai Barça takes place, and another long-term agreement, once the future Camp Nou is complete.

Is that 20m a year future option for "naming rights", not "title rights" I suppose? Meaning if we were to agree to it, the "Camp Nou" part will be dropped in the name and the Nou Camp Nou will be renamed "Spotify Stadium", something like that? If so, I have second thoughts about it.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Yeah, but 5m is too little for this season. Considering this is the one with the marketing blitz.

I originally thought that Spotify deal for Camp Nou was paused for the time that we are not playing in Camp Nou, but as you say it is a flat 5m rate for the 4 years.

Should have been 20m for 22/23 really, with a drop to 5m until the season start that we return to Camp Nou.

Anyways about Montujic. I'm simply stating that next year it will be marketed as Barcelona playing at Montjulic and not the Spotify Montjulic. It seems Spotify hold no carry over for next seasons stadium which is a losses opportunity.

So there are 2 things with this IF we are permitted to sell the stadium naming rights in our rental contract (and quite frankly this shouldn't be a problem).

A) we have the option to re-sell the naming rights for Montujic when there for extra income to a third party (eg Panasonic Montjulic)

-perhaps Spotify have a clause to prevent this
-with the running track space there would be a ton of visual mileage we could include.

B) we could have rolled the Spotify Camp Nou package over to Montjulic for our spell there. Again they would have a ton of visible mileage, more so than at Camp Nou infact with the brandable running track space (LaLiga rules permitting- those fucks)

-in the case of B, then the 5m/yr for the Spotify Camp Nou 23/24 season and carry on for Spotify Montjulic / Spotify Olympic Stadium is definitely a bad nego and undersold by the board.

I guess that covers my thoughts :D

I am guessing it is more like B but not exactly. "Spotify" doesn't carry over to Montjuic but there will be plenty of signage displaying their brand name and logo etc. inside and outside the Olympic Stadium.

Also, I am guessing the relatively low amount (5m) is explained by the absence of Camp Nou for almost two seasons until we return, and that it is for title rights and not naming rights. I'd guess if we had agreed to sell naming rights and completely drop "Camp Nou" altogether, we would have fetched more from Spotify but personally I'd rather we take the lower amount of money now and in the future in order to keep "Camp Nou" in our name.

I think in Espanyol's case, the 1m might have been for the naming rights, that is, RCDE Stadium will be renamed Stage Front Stadium. We will see.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Espanyol will receive 19.5m of aid money from La Liga for being relegated while Real Valladolid will get 10.3m and Elche will get 12.8m. 19.5m is not chunk change, that's a big relief for them.

I didn't know relegated clubs received aid money from the league...

khaled_a_d

Espanyol will receive 19.5m of aid money from La Liga for being relegated while Real Valladolid will get 10.3m and Elche will get 12.8m. 19.5m is not chunk change, that's a big relief for them.

I didn't know relegated clubs received aid money from the league...

It was said that some Liga clubs consider getting relegated a profitable choice, they get aid money, player's contracts shrinks and many players will be encouraged to accept being sold.
There was even a theiry that Valancia was hoping it will happen

Messi983

If they would be paying us 20m for "old" Camp Nou then they should be paying 30-40m when the stadium is renovated. Won't happen.

To put things into perspective these are 5 best naming right deals (not sure if fully updated but it's what I've found).

chart1(3).png

We have to differentiate between naming rights and title rights. It's understandable if you get less for the latter because you keep original stadium name which is not the case with City or Bayern for example (they only use The City of Manchester Stadium or Fussball Arena Munchen respectively in European competitions because of UEFA rules).

A recent example from the NFL (where naming rights are much more common than in Europe) is SoFi Stadium in LA, opened in 2020.

On September 15, 2019, it was announced that the San Francisco-based financial services company SoFi had acquired the naming rights to the new stadium under a 20-year deal valued at over $30 million per-year, a record for any naming rights for a sports venue.[88] The company became an official partner of both the Rams and the Chargers, as well as a partner of the performance venue and surrounding entertainment district.[89]

30m per season looks a lot but not when considering construction costs were around 5-6 billions USD. By far the most expensive stadium in the world

Before that the record deal for naming rights was just under $20m for AT&T Stadium (opened in 2009) in Arlington, Texas, the home of Dallas Cowboys.

But then again these are newly build expensive modern stadiums with no history and full naming rights not only title rights like in our case. So if we can really get anywhere close to 20m for Nou Camp Nou (probably more a wishful thinking from the club at this point but we'll see) I believe it would be a great deal. As long as it's only title rights not full naming rights and our stadium would be called Spotify Stadium/Arena or some shit like that. But socios would never approve that anyway.

We'll see what Madrid will do and if they'll sell title rights for a renovated Bernabeu too in coming years. I've not heard anything about that so far.

Get your point about Montjuic but nobody will really pay a short-term sponsorship for an old stadium and you're probably right there is a clause which prevent us to do that as well.

Is that 20m a year future option for "naming rights", not "title rights" I suppose? Meaning if we were to agree to it, the "Camp Nou" part will be dropped in the name and the Nou Camp Nou will be renamed "Spotify Stadium", something like that? If so, I have second thoughts about it.

As said above I think it's title rights. Socios would never approve to remove the Camp Nou part from the stadium name.

Messi983

The Competition Committee of the RFEF ratified the decision to close the parakeet field for the first two days of the Hypermotion League. The sanction must be served in the matches against Racing de Santander and Amorebieta.

The sanction is given by the incidents that occurred in the match between Espanyol and Barça, in which the culés celebrated the League and a group of local radicals jumped onto the field in a violent attitude.

The resolution of the case states that Competition decides "to sanction RCD Espanyol de Barcelona, SAD, for an infringement of article 69.1.c) and d), in relation to article 15 of the Disciplinary Code of the RFEF, with a sanction of holding two matches behind closed doors and, on the other, with a fine of 25,000 euros for the facts denounced. "

Home of Barca Fans