Nico Williams

Porque

Mentioned him already a few weeks ago in the Transfers&Rumours thread, wondered how long would take for you to get on his bandwagon as well.

I've bought him in my Sevilla save in FM, did well overall although we had likes of Bryan Zaragoza, Roony Bardghji and some other good wingers so didn't establish as a starter but tbf I only played like two seasons more after I've bought him (by that time we won consecutive La Liga titles with 50 games unbeaten run and also won CL) so not enough time for him to fully develop.

To be honest I'm just creating hype. Lad has the face of Nico, the body of Haruna Babangida and the playing style of Lass Bangoura.

No idea if he ends up any good, but worth keeping an eye on considering his age, contract situation and G/A since cementing a first team spot at Braga. Not to mention that Braga have a pretty solid and underrating scouting and development setup.

Co0ter

If people still aren't convinced Ferran is trash after all this time, I don't know what to even say. The guy can't finish for shit and couldn't dribble past a marker to save his life. Raphina has been garbage each and every time he's played on the left for us, so he's not even an option.

Ferran gone for even 25mil and bringing in an explosive winger like Nico would be great business. He's young, the type of player we need and would complement Yamal nicely. A winger that would at least be respected by opposing defenses.

There may be other options out there, random young talents, but none strictly on the left that I've come across recently. I wish there was. I feel like Nico for 25mil after selling Ferran if we are able to negotiate not paying the release would be doable and would leave us hopefully some cash for a proper DM.

Andresito

Staff member
If people still aren't convinced Ferran is trash after all this time, I don't know what to even say. The guy can't finish for shit and couldn't dribble past a marker to save his life. Raphina has been garbage each and every time he's played on the left for us, so he's not even an option.

Ferran gone for even 25mil and bringing in an explosive winger like Nico would be great business. He's young, the type of player we need and would complement Yamal nicely. A winger that would at least be respected by opposing defenses.

There may be other options out there, random young talents, but none strictly on the left that I've come across recently. I wish there was. I feel like Nico for 25mil after selling Ferran if we are able to negotiate not paying the release would be doable and would leave us hopefully some cash for a proper DM.
Athletic doesn't negotiate, and definitely not for their biggest player.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Kinda hoping he stays another year there and doesn't renew with a higher clause.

Messi983

It's clear that Nico is going to be raffled off with this bargain clause and, of course, he will have the last word. In those, Barça have already moved and have the player's favor well on track. Nico's route was to win a title with Athletic and play a year in Europe as a red-and-white, preferably in the Champions League. Well, the title and the Europa League are already there and the Champions League is two points away.

There is another factor that accompanies it: the final of the next Europa League will be played in Bilbao, a challenge that feeds his dream of leaving San Mamés through the front door. Nico prefers to stay in La Liga and Madrid have fallen apart after the signing of Mbappé.

The Premier League is the danger, but if the route is confirmed, in 2025 Barça will be in full readiness to close the signing. This does not mean that if events were to precipitate, he would give up on carrying out the operation this summer, but it is clear that the route that fits is the one that Nico initially has in mind. He would be a stellar signing.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
I think he would be a very good signing, will have to follow him even more to make up my mind.

vuji_31

He is 10x better player for us then Ferret.

Imagine if we had played without Yamal and Rapinha at wing positions, we would soak pressure without any thing to do.

When you have 2 pacy wingers, look Madrid goal vs City, just simple pass through defense and it is over.

He is ideal player at moment, not to expensive, young, spanish, knows league and our players, and fits profile great.

We will not get player for that money for sure.

Home of Barca Fans