Mexican Primera División

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
It's a shame Ivan Alonso (another La Liga alumni!) had to retire or he'd be top scorer again, Toluca is looking pretty good.

There is also Ochoa and GDS (if he ever gets to play. Also there are a few others I think). It's an interesting comparison of numbers. Though I think I've never seen as many players from MX to be playing abroad, which is a good sign. It could be a start of an exodus toward Latin America. I think that would make the leagues here a lot better.

I looked at some numbers and I saw there are a lot of "extranjeros" playing in the Liga MX. Like 30-35 Argentinians and others from Central and South America; for example Like Suazo in Monterrey or Chucho in America. The only team that doesn't have any is Chivas. They too are being criticized in recent articles for not having "extranjeros" in their ranks.

As for the Liga MX, Toluca is up on top for now. Pepe's America is 4th. Surprising Tijuana is third and Chivas got their first win under Cruyff's people.

There's always been a good amount of successful Argentines in Mexico, America, Cruz Azul and UNAM always seem to have a few. It's interesting because I can't think of a single successful Mexican in the Argentine Primera.

Will be interesting to see how Pavone and Luis Perea continue to do for La Maquina.

Last edited:

Blue Demon

Suazo! J/K.

Martin Bravo in Pumas, Cacho in Toluca are doing well. Chucho Benitez is also. But those Northern boys Gomez and Peralta in Santos Laguna can come add some to the mix.

I'd like to see Peralta to be the one. But it's too early in this new system of Liga they installed.

Hatem Ben Arfa

Suazo! J/K.

Martin Bravo in Pumas, Cacho in Toluca are doing well. Chucho Benitez is also. But those Northern boys Gomez and Peralta in Santos Laguna can come add some to the mix.

I'd like to see Peralta to be the one. But it's too early in this new system of Liga they installed.

they installed a new system?

how is it different?

Blue Demon

It's only branded with a new name, La Liga MX. It changed a little, not so much. The fed brought back the domestic cup, Copa MX, to add more games and have the teams play for another tourney. It still has the tourneys in the Fall and one in the Spring, an 'apertura' and 'clausura'. Except it's still under the Liga MX banner, the latter part of the year is a playoff system.

It still has to be worked out because a lot of the teams will not participate in the domestic cup because of the Copa Libertadores or other tournaments that they are participating in, such as the CONCACAF club cup.

I was hoping for a drastic change when I first heard about it, say like patterning themselves like the EPL or other leagues in Europe. This having different champions in a year I never did like. At least the under this new brand it has a different feel to it.

Home of Barca Fans