Luka Modric

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Kimmich is now getting the same treatment as Kroos got.

True but a bit also his own fault as he said he wants to play as 6 and he is clearly not the guy for that position. I saw the match against Stuttgart and this Pavlovic dude was absolutely amazing in the defence, if he plays behind Kimmich who needs to play as a 8 Bayern will be favourite for cl title.

fergus90

Kroos to RM is an all time L by Bayern.

I don't think RM win as many CLs without Kroos. Probably 2-3 instead of 4. That's not to say he alone was responsible for 1-2 CLs, but the synergy that resulted from him + Modric would be washed away.
Huge mistake. Especially given the price and how he’s fared in comparison to how they did since his departure.

I wanted him to join Barca badly during that 2014 season and I remember Johan Cruyff saying Barca should get him too.

Morten

Kroos is interesting, unlike Modric, he has next to no athletic abilities to speak of, but seems to be a step ahead of everyone anyway.

Will be very difficult to replace.

Windhook

Modric might be the greatest Croatian player, but I have to put Davor Suker and especially my favorite Zvonimir Boban in that conversation. Modric the best midfielder ever - no. Would be a great disrespect on players like Hagi, Seedorf, Rui Costa, Zidane, Laudrup, Xavi, Iniesta, Pirlo, Lothar Mattheus and many others of the past.

Home of Barca Fans