Luis Enrique

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
The disrespect here is unreal.

Did he get lucky? For sure, he came into Barcelona down a goal and PSG were on their heels most of the game, I doubt PSG would have won without that red card, but PSG was pressing Barca's defense to enforce a mistake and Araujo in particular was targeted for that purpose, and Lucho deserves credit for that.

He's an at least above average tactician and PSG are in a transition era themselves. With Mbappe one foot out the door this has been their least hyped season in a long time and Lucho is making the necessary adjustments. In both legs he knew how to get into Barca's head and if PSG had luck, they made their own luck.

A worse coach than Tuchel? Have you seen what Tuchel has done to Bayern? Now that's a one dimensional coach.

Temptation

I might rate Tuchel and Emery higher on the tactical side as well

But he is not a tactical newbie, as people here believe. Far from it
He knows and comprehends the basics to say the least
Oh definitely not! He is a good tactician and knows how to get the best out of his squad. PSG were much better on the ball than Barca. Xavi had no clue about how to get up the pitch with a few short passes. Xavi fundamentally lacks in his interpretation of the concept of patterns of play. He's a total failure at coaching progressive buildup in possession. Emery's Villa effortlessly play out from the back against high pressure for example.

Xavi also can't coach an organized press. Pressing under Xavi is disjoint individual pressing with zero cohesion or activation of collective pressing triggers. It's like random pressing and running towards the ball with no setups or traps for the opponents.

When I find some time I will do a thread on how he dismantled Xavi's elementary plan
Would love to read it.

The issue is most of the posters here don't have the slightest clue about tactics and how coaching works in Football. All they do is use a couple of buzzwords incorrectly. Cringe. :lol:

Richard.H

The disrespect here is unreal.

Did he get lucky? For sure, he came into Barcelona down a goal and PSG were on their heels most of the game, I doubt PSG would have won without that red card, but PSG was pressing Barca's defense to enforce a mistake and Araujo in particular was targeted for that purpose, and Lucho deserves credit for that.

He's an at least above average tactician and PSG are in a transition era themselves. With Mbappe one foot out the door this has been their least hyped season in a long time and Lucho is making the necessary adjustments. In both legs he knew how to get into Barca's head and if PSG had luck, they made their own luck.

A worse coach than Tuchel? Have you seen what Tuchel has done to Bayern? Now that's a one dimensional coach.
Mate, welcome back! Glad to see a forum legend posting. And I do agree with you

serghei

He set up well in the return leg imo. PSG played the game they needed to play. They also had issues of poor individual performances in the first leg with Donnarumma in particular.

Despite us scoring early, PSG did press us more effectively than in Paris and were causing problems in our defense.

I think this tie was handled well by both managers, and it came down to the difference in player quality.

Home of Barca Fans