Let's talk about Xavi's replacement (2024)

Xavi's replacement

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Porque

Flick left Bayern because he didn't feel supported.
If he fails at Barca, his career is over considering he is 59 now (so 60 midway next season) so I doubt he will take on a project that he feels it isn't going to work at all.
And current Barca is anti Flick too. His game is based on verticality and accepting he will lose the ball a lot even in dangerous positions, but quick defense will stop counter.
We aren't build for that, not without a few signings at least

With that said, my gut feeling is that Laporta still wants him, and if we can do it we will

Some might say that Flicks career is also over if he doesn't move to Barca. So.

Alik

Flick left Bayern because he didn't feel supported.
If he fails at Barca, his career is over considering he is 59 now (so 60 midway next season) so I doubt he will take on a project that he feels it isn't going to work at all.
And current Barca is anti Flick too. His game is based on verticality and accepting he will lose the ball a lot even in dangerous positions, but quick defense will stop counter.
We aren't build for that, not without a few signings at least

With that said, my gut feeling is that Laporta still wants him, and if we can do it we will
I think rumours were/are that Flick was is in the job. Other than Barça, I don't see any big team lining up for him, so from his perspective I think it would be his best option.

Not sure who I would prefer between him and Rafa, though.

khaled_a_d

Nagelsmann renewed with Germany.

Zidane reportedly going to Bayern.

Yeah, Rumminge vetod Freund & Eberl campaign for Nagelsmann.
It will be either Zidane or De Zerbi from what it seems.
Would have been hilarious if Nagelsmann has went to Bayern, only for Tucheo to win CL and make Nagelsmann results in Europe looks bad again

Devils

We need to bring in TITANIUM Thomas Tuchel.

Probably the only manager who can fix this wretched club.

No more of these stinky Spanish/Dutch managers. These guys are in the mud.

Porque

I think rumours were/are that Flick was is in the job. Other than Barça, I don't see any big team lining up for him, so from his perspective I think it would be his best option.

Not sure who I would prefer between him and Rafa, though.

Flick said in an interview that he would build the team from the youth/academy. And his background is in development.

The guy has been out of the job for a while, and been linked to the Barca job for months.

We're [mostly]armchair fans and know the first team, B team and UYL/u19 teams inside out. For a professional like Flick it is also more than enough time to know all of our talents 15+ extensively.

Atleast moreso than the likes of Tuchel, Naggelsmann, De Zerbi, Motta, etc who are all in full time jobs.

So it is feasible that the youth orientated approach suggested for Marquez, also applies with Flick.

For Laporta it will mostly be down to personality and alignment. Basically his gut bacteria will be selecting the manager.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Not the biggest fan of Tucheliban, although he's a master tactician in one-off games/KO rounds.

Wouldn't mind hiring him if the other option is Rafa. He's also said on numerous occasions that he want to coach in Spain and likes us. He won't be hired though because he's not an easy guy to work with and wouldn't let Laporta's buddies Mendes and Zahavi dictate our transfer policy or whatever else goes on in the club.

BJJ

Not the biggest fan of Tucheliban, although he's a master tactician in one-off games/KO rounds.

Wouldn't mind hiring him if the other option is Rafa. He's also said on numerous occasions that he want to coach in Spain and likes us. He won't be hired though because he's not an easy guy to work with and wouldn't let Laporta's buddies Mendes and Zahavi dictate our transfer policy or whatever else goes on in the club.
True. Tuchel has everything required for Barca but he's a spiky personality and won't suffer fools gladly...that includes some of our snowflake players.
Right from the beginning I wanted Tuchel or Flick.
Tuchel will definitely rattle some cages. I don't think it's a bad idea. The club has a very pedestrian mentality currently and that needs to change.

ajnotkeith

Tuchel isnt all that different to Xavi. People thinking he would be some take no prisoners savage with a great mentality is sorely mistaken.
Tuchel is a massive whiner and whenever things arent going his teams way finds someone to blame like Xavi does and rarely reflects on his mistakes.

The best personality available right now for management is Motta.

BJJ

Tuchel isnt all that different to Xavi. People thinking he would be some take no prisoners savage with a great mentality is sorely mistaken.
Tuchel is a massive whiner and whenever things arent going his teams way finds someone to blame like Xavi does and rarely reflects on his mistakes.

Motta is going to Juve unfortunately.

Temptation

Dude, stop! :lol:

Tuchel for all his flaws is one of the best tacticians in the world. This guy got the better of Pep many times with Chelsea.

Nello

Think Motta isn't really an option while Laporta is Predsident unfortunately. They supposedly had a bad fallout back when he played here. But otherwise also my favourite candidate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans